Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IBT Training Course

• 18-07-2015 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi folks

Looking for some information on getting up and biking. Looking at the direct access to A programme. Has anyone recommendations of bike schools based on experience around dublin. Also wondering would it be sufficient to complete the modules do a pre test and pass the driving test. Or would more training be needed.

Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

IBT and pre test should be 100% okay for the majority of people. Then again people all learn at different rates, so if you anyway use to bike it should be okay. If you never even started a bike you could take alot more training.

Most important thing is to get a good instructor IMO.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Remember you have to wait 6 months after getting learner permit until you can sit test.

Might be hard to maintain your skills if you're only access to a bike is during IBT and pretests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I done my ibt with the Leinster Driving School

http://www.leinsterdrivingcampus.ie/index.php/learn-to-drive-dublin-lessons/motorbike-driving-school/ibt-kildare

They subcontracted the instructor to these guys, so approaching them might be cheaper https://www.facebook.com/rsamotorcycletraining?ref=ts&fref=ts They were excellent.

I had never driven or even turned on a bike before and after 2 days I came out with my 5 module IBT and able to drive by myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just shop around for prices, you be amazed at the cowboys out there. One so called instructor who shall remain nameless FOR NOW last week charged a poor lad €140 for a really poor pretest, and it was indeed piss poor. And didnt even cover most of the basics, Chap failed and now has to cough up another €85 for the test

Advertisement