Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying the IPAD AIR 2...

• 18-07-2015 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Should I just hand on until Oct when an updated version is out and I presume the price will drop for the Air 2 will just drop??? Is that how ir normally works??

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=25166

Also on this website it is going for 479 which is a bit cheaper than usual - anything dodgy here??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Should I just hand on until Oct when an updated version is out and I presume the price will drop for the Air 2 will just drop??? Is that how ir normally works??

Any proof that there will be a new iPad air? There might be a new iPhone but nobody said anything about a new iPad..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Asmooh wrote: »
    Any proof that there will be a new iPad air? There might be a new iPhone but nobody said anything about a new iPad..

I am just presuming so to be honest - they generally come out with a new one every Oct plus this is just what internet rumors are suggesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Also thinking of buying iPad so may hijack this thread. There is roughly €100 in difference between 16GB and 64GB. If all my documents will be stored in cloud is 16GB enough for apps? Anyone with 16GB version having space issues?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Most of the rumour sites have said very little about an upgrade to the iPad Air 2. There may be a bump for the Mini and likely an announcement of the iPad Pro. Therefore it is very possible there will be no upgrade this year for the normal sized iPad.

I had a 16GB iPad previously and currently have an iPad Air 32GB and think this is the sweet spot. With 16GB, given that IOS takes up a fair bit of space, you will always be nursing storage space. Get the bigger capacity and it never enters your head...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Apple have updated the Ipad every October for the last few years with a November release date so it's pretty safe to assume that it will happen again this year.

That said Air 2 is still a good product but I would not buy it from Simply Electronics. Heard bad stories before about them. Quick google gave me this page.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.simplyelectronics.net

I would get this directly from Apple and from their refurbished section where the products are perfect and you get some discount and full warranty. See link below. 16gb wife Air 2 is only €429 so cheaper than that dodgy site.

Refurbished Ipad Air 2 available from Apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

One questionable rumor has suggested that Apple does not plan to upgrade the iPad Air 2 in 2015, instead waiting until 2016 to introduce a new version in order to focus on the larger-screened iPad Pro. While this is not out of the realm of possibility given the minor update the iPad mini 3 received last year, it is also unsubstantiated at this point in time.

From http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ipad/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I would recommend buying the iPad Air 2 from the Apple refurbished store. Definitely go for the 64gb buying the 16gb will leave you frustrated as hell having to delete apps and photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

I would recommend buying the iPad Air 2 from the Apple refurbished store. Definitely go for the 64gb buying the 16gb will leave you frustrated as hell having to delete apps and photos.
    +1. You might like the storage for movies or music and streaming may not be an option. If you can get a refurb, then that's always good. Unless you're specifically holding out for a feature like force touch, then they're always be a newer machine around the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

48Gb for €100

amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDQUN-064G-FFP--Android-microSDXC-Adapter/dp/B00MWXUKEY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437995655&sr=8-1&keywords=64gb+micro+sd

When will you ever learn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

48Gb for €100

amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDQUN-064G-FFP--Android-microSDXC-Adapter/dp/B00MWXUKEY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437995655&sr=8-1&keywords=64gb+micro+sd

and when will android users ever learn that posting "helpful" comments in an Apple Devices forum are not exactly helpful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

48Gb for €100

When will users learn that its 48MB/sec and the card is 64GB... can't you read?

Re-read my post.

Process what you read and then come back to me...

You are a €100 candidate all right ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Re-read my post.

Does an iPad with come with the card? No , well there ya go.

Some people like iPads and iOS you know, there's always cheaper alternatives out there but people are entitled to spend their money as they wish without you judging them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

48Gb for €100

He wants a iPad not a memory card. :rolleyes:
    Re-read my post.

Even after Asmooh pointed out you said it was 48GB and linked to a 64GB card, you still haven't copped it. :pac::pac:

giphy.gif

Even after Asmooh pointed out you said it was 48GB and linked to a 64GB card, you still haven't copped it. :pac::pac:

He said

"When will users learn that its 48MB/sec and the card is 64GB... can't you read?"

I'm going to do this in baby steps,

64Gb minus 16Gb is 48Gb.

This is the difference you are paying for.

Asmooh misreads the post quoting the read speed of the card I linked to stating the speed is 48MB/sec which although correct has little to do with my first post.

Then you back him up on it again misinterpreting my post again.

hate-apple-no-apple.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Hey sonny, why don't you go off and troll another site like a good little boy. No-one on this board is remotely interested in your childish behaviour. Here, take €2 and go buy yourself a choc-ice... good lad...off you go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Don't feed the troll, people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement