Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

company email

Options
  • 18-07-2015 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I recently registered a company and I would like to have a company email address and maybe one for employees.

So for example I would like info@company.ie. How do I do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Register the domain and buy email hosting. Office 365's Exchange Online is the best out there for email, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

You need to register a domain, this can be done through a lot of I.T. companies / domain providers. You then need hosting, again can be done through an I.T. company or a hosting/domain company such as letshost, blacknight, godaddy, digiweb (to name a few). Webhosting companies generally do domain sales aswell.

If you know nothing about hosting and domains, I would suggest you go to an I.T. company as they can do the technical parts for you, or read some of the FAQ's on various websites.

Check the hosting package, this will normally include some sort of email package. Without getting too bogged down in the details, you want something that will support IMAP (don't use POP3). This way you can have access on your phone, laptop, ipad etc...

You need a domain, this is your address as such. www.mycompany.ie

For .ie domains, you need to be able to prove your entitled to the address if you want it, i.e. that the name is contained in your business name, is your name, trades as the name etc...
    With .com's there's no such requirement.

Once you have your domain and hosting setup, you should be ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

That's excellent guys. Thanks very much!

Advertisement