Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External storage for iPod

• 18-07-2015 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

My dad has an old 120 gb classic iPod which I'm replacing with a new 64gb one as it is temperamental on the way out.

He hasn't got a computer so what is the best way of him accessing his complete music library as the new iPod won't be able to hold his new library.

He's getting an Internet connection so would a wireless external drive such as the one below be the best solution.

I want something relatively simple he isn't going to be adding content just adding and deleting on the iPod from the external source.

Any help appreciated

http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/iphone/best-ways-get-more-storage-for-your-iphone-or-ipad-3579792/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I don't have any experience of external storage devices, but for music I don't think they work well.

If it's an iPod touch, the best option would be iTunes Match, which puts all the music in the cloud and you can download whatever you want from your library as long as you've a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭pavb2

Had a look at iCloud match but I think he'll need a PC I can set it all up on my PC initially but would he need a PC in order to use it?

I suppose in simple terms I'm trying to get his music library in one place allowing him to access it directly from the new iPod touch.

You don't need a computer after you've set it all up on one, unless you want to add more music that isn't bought from iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks that might be the best way to go I presume I can get 120 gb storage on iCloud?

pavb2 wrote: »
    Thanks that might be the best way to go I presume I can get 120 gb storage on iCloud?

The limit is 25000 songs, so hopefully that's more than enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement