Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Holmestead at RDS

Options
  • 18-07-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

Holmestead has just announced that it won't be at the RDS this year because of the very high prices involved to be there (€50,000). They also lost out in sponsoring Young Riders after the RDS declared they were responsible for sponsorship, not SJI. After being there for 32 years, it's an awful pity they can't go. I was planning on buying a new pair of boots there on the Sunday as they usually have great deals. Hoping the likes of TRI put their boots on sale now but they usually don't so I guess I'm stuck riding bareback for another few months :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

I know read this yesterday, seems outrageous!
    They've always been a staple at the RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

sup_dude wrote: »
    Holmestead has just announced that it won't be at the RDS this year because of the very high prices involved to be there (€50,000). They also lost out in sponsoring Young Riders after the RDS declared they were responsible for sponsorship, not SJI. After being there for 32 years, it's an awful pity they can't go. I was planning on buying a new pair of boots there on the Sunday as they usually have great deals. Hoping the likes of TRI put their boots on sale now but they usually don't so I guess I'm stuck riding bareback for another few months :o

It is a shame alright! Mind you I prefer their shop, find better bargains there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

No surprise considering how much the Rds charges per square foot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It's an insane amount alright. They are having a sale on Friday though, selling things as they would in the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

If nothing else, its a good publicity stunt!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Has anyone else gone down to the sale? I went down and there wasn't really anything good down there. Not like you would have got at the RDS.

I went. Everything was 20% off and they had a load of stuff on further sale. But I was there by ten so I don't know what they'd left after that. I got an Anky top that was €60 and was reduced to €5. I got new Ariat V boots too which were 20% off cause my Mum gave me money to get them for my birthday. I got a few other things too like mane combs, sweat scrapes etc. I thought it was really good but I went to get stuff in particular and they had that stuff cheaper than other places so was happy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

sup_dude wrote: »
    I went. Everything was 20% off and they had a load of stuff on further sale. But I was there by ten so I don't know what they'd left after that. I got an Anky top that was €60 and was reduced to €5. I got new Ariat V boots too which were 20% off cause my Mum gave me money to get them for my birthday. I got a few other things too like mane combs, sweat scrapes etc. I thought it was really good but I went to get stuff in particular and they had that stuff cheaper than other places so was happy enough :)

Did you go to the store or the warehouse? I only saw the store as I ran out of time and didnt really see much deals except for 20% off like you said

Both but I didn't buy anything in the warehouse. It just had clothes and boots. They did have a "free to good home" rail, that had damaged goods though which might be handy if anyone is looking for cheap material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I felt everything was a bit expensive, other stores are cheaper. I bought a few items and didn't get the 20% on non reduced items so ended up paying more for them than I would have elsewhere. Only discovered it when I got home but had a feeling this was the case at the time I bought. Took a two of the free to a good home items only for them to be taken back despite having free written on them I was told they weren't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement