Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XMeye Q

Options
  • 18-07-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Anyone familiar with the XMeye CCTV App?

Can you use it with any DVR?

I use currently iDMSS, I tried the same credentials with XMeye but I get 'Login Timeout'

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That app works with a lot of devices. Can you connect using your local network settings?
    Also try KMeye4.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

KoolKid wrote: »
    That app works with a lot of devices. Can you connect using your local network settings?
    Also try KMeye4.

Nope, local you mean 192.168...? Nope can't

I've put in IP/User/Pass/Port No exactly like I currently have, which I can connect internal and external, but when I use XMeye or KMeye4, returns "failed to connect"

Is XMeye the same developer as KMeye4?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you ping the recorder from s pc on the network?
    Can you view from a PC on the network?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Can you ping the recorder from s pc on the network?
    Can you view from a PC on the network?

Yes to both, and I'll go further, I can see internal and external using iDMSS app and internal and external via Web Service on IE

In that case it seems it has to be down to the app. What make of recorder is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stingray wrote: »
    Yes to both, and I'll go further, I can see internal and external using iDMSS app and internal and external via Web Service on IE

If you can see it on the iDMSS App why not use that?

altor wrote: »
    If you can see it on the iDMSS App why not use that?

Getting a new DVR this week (don't know the make yet) and have been told XMeye is the app, although also told I could use this app with my existing DVR, so I was just testing it out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stingray wrote: »
    Getting a new DVR this week (don't know the make yet) and have been told XMeye is the app, although also told I could use this app with my existing DVR, so I was just testing it out

Has to be some setting you are missing out that wont let you connect.
    I have the XMeye App set up on a site here with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

It's simply an app issue. I have come across some recorders that will allow use of both idmss and kmeye/meye/veye etc. And some recorders that will only use one or the other. It's just the way it is. So your new recorder will either be compatible with both or just one.
    If it's just the eye app then even there you will have a selection of them as I find some of the eye apps are better than others I prefer meye and veye.

Advertisement