Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Price

• 18-07-2015 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭

Anyone else watch his fight last night ?

Teber knocked him out in second round . A devastating KO at that . Strange to think this guy was being talked up as a future world champion before Thompson fights .

I'd be very surprised if we see him in a boxing ring again . From the first bell last night he looked afraid of his life in there . Kinda reminded me of Audley Harrison as in more scared of been hit then putting his own shots together.

I'm not knocking the guy as I know it takes bravery and guts to even step into a ring .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yeah I saw it. Potential KO of the year. Price just doesn't have the chin for the elite Boxing level unfortunately. I'd like to see Teper fight Joshua. Packs a good punch and is pretty mobile for a fat lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Yeah he bang alright. Only seen his KO of Martin Rogan this morning , Nasty.

Yeah spot on regarding Price chin . Seems to be a nice guy according to every other boxer on Twitter last night so hopefully he hangs the gloves up and gets a gig with box nation or channel 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Yeah he bang alright. Only seen his KO of Martin Rogan this morning , Nasty.

Yeah spot on regarding Price chin . Seems to be a nice guy according to every other boxer on Twitter last night so hopefully he hangs the gloves up and gets a gig with box nation or channel 5

He has been on Sky a bit recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Didn't see the fight just the knockout on youtube, two questions, did Teper come up into Prices chin with his head just before he knocked him out? Looked like he might have? Also looked like a forearm rather than a clean punch that did the damage? I am not up on the finer points of boxing but Price's positioning seemed very awkward at the knockout, seemed to be almost side on asking for another shot in the ear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,817 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Didn't see the fight just the knockout on youtube, two questions, did Teper come up into Prices chin with his head just before he knocked him out? Looked like he might have? Also looked like a forearm rather than a clean punch that did the damage? I am not up on the finer points of boxing but Price's positioning seemed very awkward at the knockout, seemed to be almost side on asking for another shot in the ear!

No, the slo mo showed the head did not connect. The forearm may have very slightly connected, but so did the fist, and then the KO shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He really looked out of his depth to be honest.

He should probably consider hanging up the gloves. His chin is really fragile and it can't be a healthy thing to keep doing if you are that open to KO's.

He wouldn't be running away from the sport, he would be making a very intelligent decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really hopes he walks away now before he gets badly hurt. His chin is awful and it's so easy to land clean on. Hopefully Sky/Boxnation give him a full time gig as he is a knowledgeable guy.

Advertisement