Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Farmhouse Country Hose Reel on garage

Options
  • 18-07-2015 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

We are looking to have a tap and also put an old style reel maybe of wrought iron on our garage!

I am looking for some ideas on what might look well.

Our garage big door is ivory and also our windows in the garage are ivory also!
    We have a granite wall running close to garage on different sides too.

I think it might be a nice feature on it. Not sure what else to go with in relation to garage (maybe a nice lamp over door) (I'm not sure if I would go with creepers up one wall, I know they look lovely but would they be a lot of mainteance?)

If anyone has any recommendations for a nice traditional hose reel I don't mind paying some extra to get it done.

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

you could use an old tyre rim

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Oldstyle1

Never considered it but thank you, might be nice already especially if painted up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

If you get a wheel hub to mount the rim you can wind the hose on and off early. Try a wreckers yard though it's pricy as you then have to cut the hub free, weld it to mounts and have a wall strong enough to hold the weight.

Advertisement