Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best foundation please

Options
  • 18-07-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Right girls what in your opinion is the best foundation ever! I have been using Max Factor for ages and getting a bit bored of it now.
    Here are my specs has to give good coverage, esp under eye circles, won't slide off need good staying power for combination skin and a reasonable price prefer a liquid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Estée Lauder double wear. I have heard revlon colorstay a good dupe but havent tried it myself. Prob not that much cheaper anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I've tried loads for combination skin. My current, and possibly overall, favourite is L'Oreal Infallible Matte. Lasts all day, good oil control (still need to powder after 6-8 hours though), and the palest shade is about MAC NC/NW 10-15. It's also the cheapest of the ones I've tried.

Other ones I've liked are:
    Laura Mercier Silk Creme (needs a setting spray as it transferred easily on me)
    Nars Sheer Glow (surprising coverage, needs to be blended a bit after 8 hours though)
    Urban Decay Naked Skin (brilliant staying power, but it oxidises towards the end of the bottle)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭idek1

lubie76 wrote: »
    Estée Lauder double wear. I have heard revlon colorstay a good dupe but havent tried it myself. Prob not that much cheaper anyway.

have the revlon colourstay myself, the one specfically for dry skin and it just clings to the dry patches on my face even after i've primed/moisturised.. never had this with any other foundations. wouldn't reccommend

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I recently got 17 Stay Time foundation and I love it. It's says it's full coverage and while I do find the coverage excellent it's not as full on as DW, I don't think anything can match that. But I find DW far to drying on my already dry skin.

The stay time lasts me from 8.30am til at least 7pm with no touch ups at all, I'm fairly sure it would be perfect all evening of I decided to head out straight after work :) Im very impressed with it and it's less that €7! Really good for pale skin, not sure what the darker shades are like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

I am a double wear light fan..although Rimmels foundation with the red lid (think its called 25 hours) also gives good coverage and isn't drying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The only thing with the double wear is to be very sure of the shade you purchase.

I spoke to the girl for considerable length of time at the Estée Lauder counter and she put it on me to show what it would be like. She seemed happy and so was I but it's definitely a shade too dark and because it goes on so intensely I have to blend it way down my neck or I just look ridiculous. Grand when I have tan on though

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Estee Lauder double wear! If you go to debenhams/Brown Thomas to get matched they will give you a 10 day sample to try before you buy so that you can be sure you have the right shade for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

I love Chanel Vitalumiere, expensive but lasts forever, and has great light dewy coverage and a little goes a long way.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

EL Double wear here too, on combination skin. I've just been trying Armani Luminous silk for something lighter. It needs a primer for me to stay on all day. Good though. I'm coming around on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

idek1 wrote: »
    have the revlon colourstay myself, the one specfically for dry skin and it just clings to the dry patches on my face even after i've primed/moisturised.. never had this with any other foundations. wouldn't reccommend

Agreed, had this one "stuck" to my face like plaster once also. Not great for dry skin at all.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Estee Lauder double wear! If you go to debenhams/Brown Thomas to get matched they will give you a 10 day sample to try before you buy so that you can be sure you have the right shade for you.

Feckers didn't do this for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

pleasantly surprised with this foundation from bourjois would recommend if going low end - http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/complexion/foundation/1_2_3_perfect_foundation

whatever76 wrote: »
    pleasantly surprised with this foundation from bourjois would recommend if going low end - http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/complexion/foundation/1_2_3_perfect_foundation

LOVE this one.. when i first tried it i wasn't mad on it, found it in the makeup bag the other day and gave it a try.. obsessed with it now. its really light weight but gives great coverage and is buildable. only problem is it's very yellow toned so be careful

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Rimmels foundation with the red lid (think its called 25 hours) also gives good coverage and isn't drying.

second this but it's not very long lasting by the time i get home from normally at 4 the coverage is meh and this is with primer and setting spray/powder but for the price it is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Another DoubleWear fan here, too.
    I also got the 10-day sample back when I was new to it.
    I just love DoubleWear.

It was the only foundation I found in my actual skin colour; every other high-street brand's version of "Ivory" was orange.

I always moisturise and apply the foundation about two minutes later, so your skin is still slightly moist.
    Seems to glide on flawlessly then.
    You really only need a little of the stuff, though, and don't go heavy-handed because you'll look ridiculous.

And yeah, make sure you're wearing the right shade.
    A bottle costs €36 and lasts me about six months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

bscm wrote: »
    I've tried loads for combination skin. My current, and possibly overall, favourite is L'Oreal Infallible Matte. Lasts all day, good oil control (still need to powder after 6-8 hours though), and the palest shade is about MAC NC/NW 10-15. It's also the cheapest of the ones I've tried.

Another vote for this one. I also love the matching primer, it's as good as Smashbox but a lot cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Thanks for all the replied Estee Lauder seems to be the fave might treat myself I heard about a Kevyn Aucoin skin enhancer concealer which is supposed to be fab but hard to get and nearly 47 euro bit steep for me.

Advertisement