Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist

Options
  • 18-07-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good dentist for a very nervous patient. I've done a search but I can't find any recent recommendations. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Touchstone in Mulhuddart Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Village Dental Practice is run by twins in Blanch village and have done work on my bothers teeth after he was attacked in January. They done a brilliant job for him and he was nervous going at first but they were so kind to him he felt great and relieved after.

My dad who also had problems with nerves with the dentist was hesitant going too and since his first visit in March he has gone back 4 times since! He's had to get teeth removed but its the first time I have even seen him go back after getting them done as he was a wreck the last time he had this issue with another dentist!

Both parents and my brother say they are so easy going and talk to you while working in a positive way that you don't even notice what is going on.

Sorry for the long post! But can't recommend them enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

January wrote:
    Touchstone in Mulhuddart Village.

Second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And another 2 (my wife and I) for Touchstone. I'm fearless when it comes to any medical procedure, but dental work has me sweating buckets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Another recommendation for Touchstone. My husband has severe anxiety over the dentist and they were great with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

Thanks for the recommendations. They both sound perfect. Any particular dentist in Touchstone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Straylight wrote:
    Thanks for the recommendations. They both sound perfect. Any particular dentist in Touchstone?

I use the Chinese one, well from that area.
    No messing, this is what you need and that's it.

Needed a letter to get the move on with blood issues stopping a tooth out, no problem. Done it there and then and printed two as I asked to keep one.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

V happy with the service i have had at village dental

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

V happy with the service i have had at village dental

Yea they are good alright, appointments always run on time or even a bit ahead. its great if you only have an hour off from work etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

Thanks all, she went with Village Dental in the end as she knew where they were and didn't want the additional stress of trying to find the clinic in Mulhuddart. She said the guy knew straight away that she was a nervous patient and was very nice to her. She still didn't enjoy the experience at all, and probably nothing could ever change that, but he made it as stress free as he could by getting her to stick on her earphones to block out everything that was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi. Could anybody recommend a dentist in D15 that would be particularly good with Children please? My 9 year old is going to require orthodontist treatment in the coming years and I want to make sure that we do as much as we can as early as we can, it's more for a second opinion really just to make sure she gets the right treatment. My youngest however really seems to be developing a phobia about the dentist and just having the fissure seals done is proving very traumatic! I'm reasonably happy with our current dentist but he does seem to losing patience with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi, I'm still looking for a good orthodontist if anybody could recommend please. Doesn't necessarily have to be in D15 I suppose. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I use to go to the tyrellstown one.

Im not going anymore as the last time I went they put a scale and polish up to 75euro and I spend longer brushing my teeth that the clean I got

The touchstone recommendation comes in good time for me,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

I attended finglas dental care in Finglas Village and my brother has just started orthodontic treatment there. Great prices and payment plans. Found all of the staff very kind over the moon with my teeth my braces are off nearly 6 years and not a bother on any of them.
    Will always squeeze you in if an emergency also.

Advertisement