Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maggots .. Where to buy?

Options
  • 18-07-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭

Hi guys..

Going to do a bit of fishing soon, before "The Summer" is finally over..

Anyone know where in Cork I could get a decent amount of Maggots for a half decent price?

I know there is a place on the Kinsale Road, and a new place on Shandon Street, but they charge about €3.50 for a small enough carton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I wouldn't step inside the door of that shop I'n Shandon Street he is useless and his prices are crazy

He sold my cousin a jumbo spool of 15lb gut that was like wire and told him it will do for trout

He obviously just wanted to.offload it and caught a young lad out

Kinsale roundabout for maggots anyway 2.50 a Tub I think 5e a pint ya might have to buy a tub or else bring ur own

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

buy a couple of chicken wings put them in a plastic bag and hang them off a tree 2 weeks later loads
    of maggots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

popsy09 wrote: »
    I wouldn't step inside the door of that shop I'n Shandon Street he is useless and his prices are crazy

He sold my cousin a jumbo spool of 15lb gut that was like wire and told him it will do for trout

He obviously just wanted to.offload it and caught a young lad out

Kinsale roundabout for maggots anyway 2.50 a Tub I think 5e a pint ya might have to buy a tub or else bring ur own

Nice one, Thank You.

Yeah, a pint or two seems to be the way to go.. A tub wouldn't really do for a days fishing..

Will pop over and sort prices from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

hiujn wrote: »
    buy a couple of chicken wings put them in a plastic bag and hang them off a tree 2 weeks later loads
    of maggots

Much as I wouldn't mind going down that route, I think it's a bit easier, and cleaner to buy them.

Would need then for next weekend though.

Thanks all the same.

Advertisement