Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Stunt biking

• 18-07-2015 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

I have been thinking about getting a bike for stunt driving, maybe for next year but iv started looking into it. I know a few lads here are into it so what would you recommend? Been thinking about an older blade maybe a 96 900rr or the likes.

Better off to buy one kitted out already or start with a road bike and go from there?

Im getting very handy at stunting on the trials bike so its got me thinking. ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would you need such a large cc, I be of the thinking a smaller cc would be better to start off with.....Something compact like a naked honda hornet maybe?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Bandit 1200 likes to wheelie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pick up a CBR600F3, perfect for the job.

If you're seriously thinking of it drop me a PM and I'll hook you up with someone who'll give you some great advice.

I brought one of the lads from the forum up to watch us do a little stunting, but I'm out of the loop now and due to some pricks showing up the lads have changed location.. sorry, about the lad from here ~ he'll tell you, the guys are super cool and more than willing to let you try one of their bikes if you're so inclined.

No names, no pack drill ~ but the forum member, he brought his GF ~ and she was wheeling on a stunt bike within fifteen minutes (he didn't :p sry pal).

But seriously, Wonda is right. You don't need a big bore big for stunting. The CBR600 is ideal, its cheap but thats where the 'cheap' ends.

Alternatively look out for a stunt bike going for sale ~ and get yourself a good tool set, a van and a wad of cash :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Cool I'll change the search to 600cc so and go from there! Ill keep it in mind man cheers! Have the tools and have the van! How much ya talking to kit the bike out?

I would not say stunting is cheap....and Id say you dare not buy cheap to stunt!!!!

Well stunt properly!

• Advertisement

aaakev wrote: »
    C How much ya talking to kit the bike out?

You should get something decent for two grand.

They're all going to be pretty trashed so its really about being in the loop to pick up the right bike.

Outside of that its really up to how much you want to spend on trick bits, roll/crash bars, rear brake level beside your clutch lever, upgrading breaks, sprockets, chains etc.

A lot of the lads are Polish, friendly and very helpful.

Here's a clip of the lads.

Wish I was there.....

Selling TYRES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

I learned a couple of things recently, burnouts and wheelies. I'm fairly limited to what I can do on my own bike purely because 240 rear tyres aren't the cheapest so it's been on loaner bikes.

I plan on getting a stunt bike soon, just need to make room for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

You should get something decent for two grand.

They're all going to be pretty trashed so its really about being in the loop to pick up the right bike.

Outside of that its really up to how much you want to spend on trick bits, roll/crash bars, rear brake level beside your clutch lever, upgrading breaks, sprockets, chains etc.

A lot of the lads are Polish, friendly and very helpful.

Here's a clip of the lads.

Thats the kind of money i had in mind alright. Ah Jamestown industrial estate, they are obviously the cause of the black ground!

KTR1C wrote: »
    I learned a couple of things recently, burnouts and wheelies. I'm fairly limited to what I can do on my own bike purely because 240 rear tyres aren't the cheapest so it's been on loaner bikes.

I plan on getting a stunt bike soon, just need to make room for it.

And it'll be the cleanest stunt bike in the world :D

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Wish I was there.....

Selling TYRES!!!!

They use old Garage throw aways :p

Advertisement