Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning a Stratford Eco boiler Stove Door

Options
  • 18-07-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,

We recently installed a new Stratford Eco Boiler 20 stove. Its great, we are happy so far with how it's turned out, though this is the summer so we won't know much till the winter I guess.

The reason for the post is that the stove door has a course rough feel. So when it gets dirty from ash etc it tends to cling to it. We have tried removing the dirt from the door with a cloth, but the fibers from the cloth tend to get stuck to the door and it looks worse.

Earlier I used a toothbrush and it removed most of the fibers. It worked but its not very practical. I am just wondering what do other people use to keep the door clean?

Also does anybody know if you can you use any products on it?

The rest of the stove is just smooth metal so that can be wiped with a damp cloth and it looks fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

U sure its not a flaw

You best bet is a` hand held vac

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The lips

Have you queried this with your supplier? I am interested in fitting one of these, pity they do not come in an enamel finish.

Advertisement