Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How to get a Moped licence?

• 18-07-2015 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

So, I've been wanting to get a Moped, I'm 18. No money for a car so I think a Moped will do me more a while. I heard that I just need to past the theory test and the maximum is 100cc.
    Would anyone be able to provide more info?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

You have to do bike theory test and then apply for learner permit.
    As you're 18 you can get A2 category that will let you ride bikes including mopeds. You're limited on power output, not cc of the engine. You can ride some 600cc bikes if the power is restricted to 35kw.

Then you have to do initial basic training. These are mandatory lessons you have to do before you can drive by yourself. You have to wait 6 months after getting learner permit before you can sit driving test. You will also have to take into account the cost for the bike, gear, insurance and tax.

It's a lot of work and would probably be cheaper to get an old car after building up named driver experience on a parent's car. I would only get a motorbike in this country if you have a genuine interest in them and will be keeping it long term.

Advertisement