Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip Thrust Pads

• 19-07-2015 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Folks,
    Anyone able to recommend a decent pad or cushioning suggestions for hip thrusts?

I'm doing about 155kg wrapping the bar in a yoga mat, but it's starting to cut through...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

tommyboy26 wrote: »

Cheers.. Seems most common is using a squat pad/sponge... Hoping the bar doesn't just cut right through it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Could get pipe insulation for the same job in a hardware shop

Could get pipe insulation for the same job in a hardware shop

Did that originally.. Olympic bar is too thick and once I got to 140kg it split..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

ColmH81 wrote: »
    Did that originally.. Olympic bar is too thick and once I got to 140kg it split..

Ah. I guess a lot of places wouldn't have thick enough insulation because the bar would be thicker than most household pipes so you'd need more commercial/industrial sizes.

• Advertisement

Ah. I guess a lot of places wouldn't have thick enough insulation because the bar would be thicker than most household pipes so you'd need more commercial/industrial sizes.

Good thinking.. I was only using whatever crap they had in Woodies..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The D8 fitness one is grand - using it for hip thrusts past couple of months and no issues.

Advertisement