Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre

Options
  • 19-07-2015 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I live right next to the box, it should be live in August. The line comes directly from the building with the box.... do I have to get the line from the box to the house changed? What about the jack inside the house?
    This is like.... I am giggling insanely!!! FIBRE FIBREEEEEEEEEEE
    When it goes live I may pass out from sheer excitement so please please how do I not become disappointment by say missing a step in getting that sweet juicy speeeeeed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 1983211

I live right next to the box, it should be live in August. The line comes directly from the building with the box.... do I have to get the line from the box to the house changed? What about the jack inside the house?
    When it goes live I may pass out from sheer excitement so please please how do I not become disappointment by say missing a step in getting that sweet juicy speeeeeed!
    I live in small town and fibre got here early this year. No cable changes, the day I saw on map it is live, I rang that I want it, technician came to replace the socket for router and that's it. I got high speed instantly - there wasn't even any activation. I already had fibre router anyway.

I used to get 12 mbps. Speedtest now says I am at 93 mbps. The eircom box is just on the other side of the road and I can see it from my windows (around 100-150m). I was blown away by speed. And it is also very stable, doesn't matter if it's peak or off peak, I always get 90 mbps easily. It was always my dream to have connection like that, stable and fast.

Make sure your router is already able to be used on fibre, if not they will probably send you one even before technician comes, with information not to use it until you get eircom socket replaced. It took only few minutes to replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭rey8px2m7altcs

1983211 wrote: »
    I live in small town and fibre got here early this year. No cable changes, the day I saw on map it is live, I rang that I want it, technician came to replace the socket for router and that's it. I got high speed instantly - there wasn't even any activation. I already had fibre router anyway.

I used to get 12 mbps. Speedtest now says I am at 93 mbps. The eircom box is just on the other side of the road and I can see it from my windows (around 100-150m). I was blown away by speed. And it is also very stable, doesn't matter if it's peak or off peak, I always get 90 mbps easily. It was always my dream to have connection like that, stable and fast.

Make sure your router is already able to be used on fibre, if not they will probably send you one even before technician comes, with information not to use it until you get eircom socket replaced. It took only few minutes to replace it.
    AWESOME!!! THANK YOU! :D Ahhhh cannot wait!!! BF4 with nonexistent pings omggggg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Elianna Flabby Fluoride

It's great to hear of your excitement - I'm well aware of the impact of Ping on Battlefield 4 (although I prefer B Bad company 2 :pac: )

Once eFibre becomes available you must place an order with eircom - you can do this online at eircom.ie, via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or over call to our sales team on free phone 1800503303

To setup your home with eFibre, an eircom technician will need to gain access to your home. We will arrange an appointment with you in advance to facilitate this. Typically the installation takes one hour. All new and existing eircom customers will get a new free eFibre modem when they sign up to eFibre broadband. The Modem will be provided by the technician during your installation.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement