Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account closed - but need a statement from 2001

Options
  • 19-07-2015 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi

My husband and I closed our accounts in 2010 / 2011.
    He needs a statement from 2001. Can he get this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Ammobear wrote: »
    Hi

My husband and I closed our accounts in 2010 / 2011.
    He needs a statement from 2001. Can he get this?

Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Bank of Ireland are required to hold records for 7 years. As this is outside of the 7 year time frame it wouldn't be possible to request statements from 2001.

If we can assist you with anything else please don't hesitate in contacting us again.

Thanks
    Helen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

As a matter of interest Helen, after the 7 year period, are all records for a customer purged from your systems completely?

Regards,
    PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

As a matter of interest Helen, after the 7 year period, are all records for a customer purged from your systems completely?

Regards,
    PM
    Hi Kiana Mealy Poppycock,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

This would depend on a number of factors including the type of data and destruction happens when retention periods are reached. How we maintain and use the information that we hold is subject to legislation.

If you have any day to day banking queries we are happy to help you here.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement