Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPL Summer Transfers 2015: Success & Flops?

• 19-07-2015 7:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭

With a lot of big money moves happening in the premiership which signings do you predict will do well or not so well?

Raheem Sterling
    Roberto Firmino
    Morgan Schneiderlin
    Memphis Depay
    Georginio Wijnaldum

Just a List of the biggest money moves so far but please comment on any transfer, I'll give my opinion later so the op isn't clogged up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Of course you will!

Just sit back a relax and watch the cluster**** unfold!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Best signing of the summer so far isn't on that list.

Cech to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Is this thread not like a year too early?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Jordy Clasie is a good player and I think he'll be a bargain for Southampton, Think Schneiderlin will be one of the signings of the season too

Orange, was waiting for the top 4 thread. You're slipping up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This should be an entertaining thread through the season. Obviously it would be foolish to make any sudden statements now and risk getting shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Orange, was waiting for the top 4 thread. You're slipping up!

Not me I never make top 4 prediction threads. And some strong reactions by some posters that's a bit baffling, I usually do some sort of signing thread every season and there hasn't ever been a clusterduck.

Those names are just the 5 biggest money movers.

Not at rarnes but
    If it's that emotionally distressing reading a thread I suggest you don't do it, or if you think it's trolling then report it. stupid comments Doesn't add anything to the discussion.

I agree I think cech is a great signing, I had some reservations about how good he still is hopefully I'm proved very wrong.

I think Sterling will do very well, I predict he'll score and assist more than he did at Liverpool.

Milner looks like a very good signing and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

On the otherhand I think the Brazilian lad pool signed will flop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

these kinds of threads are always good for a laugh looking back

back in 2011 i had lots of people jumping down my back here telling me ba, vorm, moses, enrique were better signings that year than suarez :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Out of your list, Schneiderlin stands the best chance of doing well in his first season. PL experience and playing in a position where he is less likely to get fans on his back as it's not as obvious as a forward not contributing to goals or a defender causing a team to concede.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, I think Sterling will be very good. Really rate him as a player.

Depay and Firmino seem to have bags of talent but you never know how that translates to a new team and new league.

Advertisement