Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Tralee

Options
  • 19-07-2015 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

What would be the best way to get from Cork city to Tralee? Via public transport.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Techmaster wrote: »
    What would be the best way to get from Cork city to Tralee? Via public transport.

Thanks!

The route 40 bus I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

You can also go by train.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

If the book the train online its very reasonable. From cork-Killarney it is €9.99 each way, probably a bit more for Tralee. Make sure you book it the day before you are travelling at the latest, prices go way up on the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lia_lia wrote: »
    If the book the train online its very reasonable. From cork-Killarney it is €9.99 each way, probably a bit more for Tralee. Make sure you book it the day before you are travelling at the latest, prices go way up on the same day!

Bus Eireann is €28 return to Tralee, train is €26 return.

Is the train generally more comfortable? Haven't been on one in years.

How is the wifi on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Train is very comfortable, they have all been updated in the last few years. Only thing is sometimes the wait in Mallow can be very long if you are changing trains, so it's worth getting a direct train if you can!

Bus is grand too. Sometimes can be smelly and busy and not the most comfortable getting into Kerry. Can sometimes be late too. They are a lot more frequent though!

Wifi depends how busy it is. Generally its crap. But if you get a quiet train it's great!

• Advertisement

Cheers for that. I think I'll go with the train, just for a change.

Is Tralee fairly easy to get around? Many local buses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

there is a slight chance that when you change in Mallow the train to Kerry might not have wifi as they use old commuter trains at times. Luck of the draw. Still more comfortable than the bus though.

I'll throw a movie on to the phone just in case, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Look out the window and enjoy the views

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Techmaster wrote: »
    Cheers for that. I think I'll go with the train, just for a change.

Is Tralee fairly easy to get around? Many local buses?

I think there is a local bus, but the town is walkable easily.

• Advertisement
Advertisement