Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday for a single chap...

• 19-07-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Any ideas on a single guy heading away? No one to go away with :(

No interest in the sun but would like to go away with a group of people in similar and not a bunch of freaks :) Want to go on activities type holiday - wouldn't mind somewhere like Norway and seeing glaciers, polar bears, etc. That type of thing so to speak but essentially doing something most days!

Would welcome all and any ideas :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Buttros

https://www.gadventures.com/

Ive travelled with this company a few times. Costa Rica, china and Peru. Groups of about 12-16 and always a few travelling alone. Will get like minded people (ie interested in travelling for a start). Most recent trip 5 (inc me) of 15 were travelling alone.

Loads of similar companies out there of varying cost. Have used acacia as will in Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Buttros wrote: »
    https://www.gadventures.com/

Ive travelled with this company a few times. Costa Rica, china and Peru. Groups of about 12-16 and always a few travelling alone. Will get like minded people (ie interested in travelling for a start). Most recent trip 5 (inc me) of 15 were travelling alone.

Loads of similar companies out there of varying cost. Have used acacia as will in Africa.

Cheers :)

Will check that out - have done travelling alone before but not up for it anymore - just want be on a trip with other people and hopefully gel with a few people on the same trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mystifies

If you find any Irish companies apart from Travel Department I'd be interested to know also please ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

Any ideas on a single guy heading away? No one to go away with :(

No interest in the sun but would like to go away with a group of people in similar and not a bunch of freaks :) Want to go on activities type holiday - wouldn't mind somewhere like Norway and seeing glaciers, polar bears, etc. That type of thing so to speak but essentially doing something most days!

Would welcome all and any ideas :)

http://www.unicorntrails.com/ridecategories/singleshorseridingholidays/

Horse riding for all levels. Never been but gets great reviews. I enquired about one before and the company was happy to tell me the numbers confirmed for each ride, male/female/ages etc.
    Also lots of local groups do their own tours - for example the sport store 52 degrees north runs trips. There is a scuba diving club (imagine that) in Kilkenny that runs trips etc. Good to go with a local group.
    Otherwise there are lots of groups like G adventures above that are pricey but well organised.
    How long do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Jesper wrote: »
    http://www.unicorntrails.com/ridecategories/singleshorseridingholidays/

Horse riding for all levels. Never been but gets great reviews. I enquired about one before and the company was happy to tell me the numbers confirmed for each ride, male/female/ages etc.
    Also lots of local groups do their own tours - for example the sport store 52 degrees north runs trips. There is a scuba diving club (imagine that) in Kilkenny that runs trips etc. Good to go with a local group.
    Otherwise there are lots of groups like G adventures above that are pricey but well organised.
    How long do you have?

Cheers.

Have about 10 days altogether - don't think the horse riding would be for me - not too comfortable around horses! Scuba diving sounds good although I'm not certified.

Was quite keen on Norway/Scandinavia type trip but quite surprised at how pricey they are!!

Will check out G Adventures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mystifies

I found this website on my search
    euro.golearnto.com It has a brilliant range of holidays etc. to cater for any taste!

Advertisement