Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

administrator password forgotten.

Options
  • 19-07-2015 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi ALL
    Need a bit of help. I have a Compaq computer well its my mates and trying to sort out a problem on the computer. His son set the computer up and was the administrator on the computer. He forgot the password the computer has not been used in about a year. Anyway there are two accounts his son and daughter we have the daughters password. Every time i try to delete a program i get the son's user account up saying we don't have the privilege and log on as administrator. I have been on google no luck. I have booted in safemode pressed ctrl alt delete twice to try get administrator account no luck (google).
    Any help much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Ray

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

What OS is it running.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I normally use active password changer

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Offline NT Password and registry editor always gets the job done.

http://blog.omotech.com/?p=830

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭!RAY

mp22 wrote: »
    What OS is it running.

Windows Vista.
    Cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

google TRK and use the default setting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭!RAY

is there no way i can change it from the other users account. i can log on to the other account in safe mode or any mode i need to. Is it possible to use the cmd window to set the user account to administrator as well so i can load and delete files.
    cheers

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

!RAY wrote: »
    is there no way i can change it from the other users account. i can log on to the other account in safe mode or any mode i need to. Is it possible to use the cmd window to set the user account to administrator as well so i can load and delete files.
    cheers

I posted a tutorial for you earlier in the thread, it doesn't get much simpler than that. You cannot change the password from another account or through the command line, if there was a simpler way I would have told you.

Advertisement