Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing work by the city council this week

Options
  • 19-07-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Friday last week saw some construction begin in poleberry terrace.

I thought maybe they will increase the size of the speed bumps on the street as the neighbours have been campaigning for for years.

Nope instead in the middle of one side of the road they put a large steel slow sign surrounded white rubber bollards. I told them the truck that supplies garveys wont be able to get in but hey there just doing their job.

They also but a solid sign smack bam in the centre of the road outside my house. Which meant that if im parked and my neighbour adjacent is parked then neither the bin men nor the trucks going to the harley harage or hegartys or the buses going to ozier could get up. Needless to say they were removed within a week.

Great use of our tax money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

You should see the vandalism that was done to the trees in the name of trimming on the outer ring road during the week.

We won't mention the great work on the Quays either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

You should see the vandalism that was done to the trees in the name of trimming on the outer ring road during the week.

We won't mention the great work on the Quays either!

A tree surgeon and a planner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

funk junky wrote: »
    Friday last week saw some construction begin in poleberry terrace.

I thought maybe they will increase the size of the speed bumps on the street as the neighbours have been campaigning for for years.

Nope instead in the middle of one side of the road they put a large steel slow sign surrounded white rubber bollards. I told them the truck that supplies garveys wont be able to get in but hey there just doing their job.

They also but a solid sign smack bam in the centre of the road outside my house. Which meant that if im parked and my neighbour adjacent is parked then neither the bin men nor the trucks going to the harley harage or hegartys or the buses going to ozier could get up. Needless to say they were removed within a week.

Great use of our tax money.

They put a little island on the way down to Hegertys? I cant even imagine the road being wide enough for it.

So it is all back to the way it was or is there still something there?

Hope they didnt spend the whole property tax for the area on that.

Looks like they really wanted to pee off the residents, they asked for speed bumps, they got lego island outside their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

havent seen it myself, must take a look, but i tare things to within an inch of their lives when trimming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 funk junky

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    They put a little island on the way down to Hegertys? I cant even imagine the road being wide enough for it.

So it is all back to the way it was or is there still something there?

Hope they didnt spend the whole property tax for the area on that.

Looks like they really wanted to pee off the residents, they asked for speed bumps, they got lego island outside their house.

Yup its all back to normal. Figured it would be as soon as the bin men couldnt get up the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Pity you didn't have a webcams out side your window, it would make a funny video!

Advertisement