Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to PAYG (Bill pay contract ends today)

Options
  • 19-07-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hey,

Simple question: I have a OnePlus One that is on a meteor bill pay contract expiring today. I want to switch to PAYG. Do I need a different sim or can I simply buy credit? The phone is unlocked, it arrived sim free.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Hey,

Simple question: I have a OnePlus One that is on a meteor bill pay contract expiring today. I want to switch to PAYG. Do I need a different sim or can I simply buy credit? The phone is unlocked, it arrived sim free.

You continue to stay on billpay until you tell them you want to switch back to payg. AFAIK its just a matter of calling up and they'll switch you over within a few hours. No new sim required. Once they've changed your plan then you can go and top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Did you give 30 days notice to Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Thanks for responses.

Yes, I gave the 30 days notice, today was the day the contract is set to expire.

If I am switching to another PAYG provider do I just ring them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You need to get a new sim from whoever you want to switch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Go into the shop of whatever network you want to switch to with your meteor bill and they'll do the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Thanks for responses.

Yes, I gave the 30 days notice, today was the day the contract is set to expire.

By right you should now be able to freely port networks then once you gave the 30 days notice.. I would wait until tomorrow to port as weekends can be troublesome at times , ie a longer wait...

You can get a new sim or the store will give you a new one with old number....

Advertisement