Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into game development

• 19-07-2015 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if it's possible in Ireland.

I'm currently doing a hdip in software development and it's something I'd be interested in pursuing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Www.Gamedevelopers.ie have a good jobs section.
    Check out Digit studios for open positions as they are currently hiring a large number of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Its difficult in Ireland. There are far more opportunities in the UK and US/Canada but there are the occasional few jobs that pop up here. The indie scene on the other hand has exploded nicely here if you wanted to join a team that are still trying to get established.

In a nutshell - Very easy to work with Games, very difficult to make a living from it, in Ireland at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 sillanjw

Nice! I'd definitely recommend something like Unity3D for development. It's increasingly becoming the most used in development companies and is quite powerful. It's free also and you can simply learn from Youtube I guess.

Advertisement