Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer experiences in Limerick...selling

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭jsd1004

wigsa100 wrote: »
    Telling lies about offers is completely illegal but as far as I know there is nothing binding about a sale being agreed, and neither party is under obligation to do anything until contracts from both parties are signed.

If you think he might be trying to pull a fast one on you, I'd tell them to **** off. They won't be long getting in touch and asking you to take the house off them if it was already sitting on the market for a long period of time.

Rang the PSR and they confirmed this was unacceptable practice and to file a complaint. They linked me to the forms and I have instigated an official complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Exactly. I had contracts signed so passed by the house and noticed all the plants dug up and the house gutted. All contents bar a table and chairs were included in the sale. Rang GVM and they said they would ring the vendor. Rang back to say their was a 'misunderstanding' and that actually nothing was included, and to take it or leave it. After refusing to even give a gesture for their incompetence I pulled the sale.

Taking the plants reminds me of this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Rang the PSR and they confirmed this was unacceptable practice and to file a complaint. They linked me to the forms and I have instigated an official complaint.

Who are the PSR. and does any here have any insight into what diarmuid Madden and is like. I'm selling and was wondering if he's any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The PSR is the 1st result if you google it. Smart-Ass answer I know, but you will get the full explanation of what they are responsible for that way.
    And his name is Diarmuid Madigan not Madden. He's probably one of the better ones in Limerick.....which wouldn't be difficult.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    The PSR is the 1st result if you google it. Smart-Ass answer I know, but you will get the full explanation of what they are responsible for that way.
    And his name is Diarmuid Madigan not Madden. He's probably one of the better ones in Limerick.....which wouldn't be difficult.

They are absolutely one of the more professional outfits in Limerick. Their listings are clear and concise with professionally taken photos. The least you could expect when you are paying someone 1.5 % but nothing you could not do yourself. Best way to market your property is to hire a professional photographer to take some good pictures after you have spent an auctioneers fee tidying the property. List it on daft.ie at a low price to generate interest and let the bidders decide a market price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

Just do what people say, get some good pics, even a video and try to explain everything you can in detail. Don't be like those that put 2 bad angled pictures with no info on the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angiogoir

The only thing you need to know about estate agents/auctioneers is don't trust them and don't be rushed into anything.

Who are the PSR. and does any here have any insight into what diarmuid Madden and is like. I'm selling and was wondering if he's any good

By the way, what are you selling, where and all that? We are not actively looking to buy but we look the ads almost daily to see if something new/interesting has come along.

Regards.

We have an apt in Dooradoyle that we are thinking of selling. But with rent and demand rising we don't know what to do. Two / three years we found it hard to rent and the mortgage was crippling us

We have an apt in Dooradoyle that we are thinking of selling. But with rent and demand rising we don't know what to do. Two / three years we found it hard to rent and the mortgage was crippling us

Are you currently renting it? me and my wife are looking for something with 3 bedrooms either in the centre or in dooradoyle/raheen.

• Advertisement

No. we are going to sell it. I think we will use diarmuid madigan he seems to be getting good reviews

No. we are going to sell it. I think we will use diarmuid madigan he seems to be getting good reviews

Most auctioneers now from experience if they are sole agents will do a fixed price of 1000 euros. Better way to go too. Takes any ambiguity out of it.

Advertisement