Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CrossFit in Sandyford? Advice

Options
  • 19-07-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

Was hoping for some advice on CrossFit in Sandyford. It seems there are a few Crossfit gyms there, CrossFit Green, CrossFit Ireland and CrossFit Sandyford. Just wondered if anyone has visited each and if they had thoughts on the pros and cons of each?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭COH

Theres actually 5 in the industrial estate...Crossfit Green, Sandyford, Ireland, X3 and 353 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mtntn

Thanks so much. I had no idea about the other two. Even more confused now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I train in Crossfit Sandyford and would recommend it to anyone, but particularly beginners or people out of training for a while. They have a very good intro and ramp up system that intelligently gets someone from not haven moved in a while through to getting underneath a barbell over the course of a few weeks to a couple of months. Thereafter I'd be a fan of the main programming. Each session is:

- a dynamic movement warmup;
    - compound strength lift;
    - two or three assistance lifts / movements;
    - a metcon that gives you the opportunity to work hard and get a sweat on;

Pretty good way to train I think. Will, Dave and Kev are good coaches and meet people where they are. You could progress on the main strength programming for a long time I think, but after a few months if you're feeling adventurous you can start working the Olympic Lifts there aswell, or even to start if you're experienced with them.

Crossfit Ireland and Crossfit Green are very impressive facilities with good people too and I'd maybe recommend them as a better option to someone with an interest in Crossfit as a sport and want to train in that manner with more gymnastics and olympic lifting.

I have never been to the other two facilities.

I'd say there's no reason to be confused. Get in touch with them, have a chat and see what the offers are / what the class times are and pick one that suits you the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

COH wrote: »
    Theres actually 5 in the industrial estate...Crossfit Green, Sandyford, Ireland, X3 and 353 :)

X3 is gone. I believe coach now works for another affiliate.

353 have moved to Bath Ave.

There is however Crossfit Chapter 2.

Origin Fitness in sandyford is crossfit without the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mtntn

Hi LuckyLloyd and Shutup.

Thank you so much for the posts. I really appreciate the feedback and replies. I will have a look at the main four and go chat with them.
    Again, thank you so much for the feedback.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement