Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bulk bin supermarkets in Dublin?

Options
  • 19-07-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm not entirely sure if there is a term for the sort of shop I'm talking about, but does anyone know of any shops in town that do big self-serve bins of grains and pulses etc so you can buy as little or as much as you like? I know Lidl have started doing so with nuts but are there any shops that have a bigger selection of loose items like that? There didn't seem to be last time this was asked a few years ago but you never know :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Never seen this in Ireland. Appreciate it is common in Canada, America etc.
    Ethnic supermarkets however will be much cheaper than the likes of the chain supermarkets like Tesco, or Dunnes for Grain, Pulses and beans, however, most may still only sell prepacked bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

Ah, I thought as much! Thanks :) In my experience the chick peas in Asian markets are much, much nicer than the little hard bullets they sell in other shops anyway :)

Advertisement