Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness options around Maynooth

Options
  • 19-07-2015 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Are there any step aerobics classes around Maynooth?

Does anyone have any idea how much personal training costs? If you want to do it in a small group (to reduce costs!) do you have to find these people yourself?

Other than the Glenroyal, where offers classes? Finesse don't have many in the evenings and I'm not sure they'd be suitable for me. The few classes I enjoyed in the Glenroyal were always booked out quickly and I was on a 'reserve' list. Also they changed their step aerobics class and I didn't really enjoy it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Can you make it to celbridge ? The mill have a range of classes. The kickboxing class is good and I think they run a ladies only class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Hadn't even thought of Celbridge thank you will look it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Huge amount of options to add to your list. Off the top of my head.

Upper end of the expense scale (+€100 per month)

Sphere in Maynooth Business Campus.
    Peak Performance in the Performance Clinic - Celbrdige Business Park

Medium Expense:
    Macfitness out the Rathcoffey Road (in region of €60 per month I think for unlimited classes).
    Target Fitness - Maynooth Business Park I think.

I can only vouch for Sphere & Peak Performance. High quality. I know a lot of people who use Macfitness & recommend it. Can't comment on others as I haven't used them. Websearch will bring you to their respective websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Was going to just add a +1 for The Performance Clinic in Celbridge.

At the higher end of the expense scale but if you are serious about what you want to do you will not get a better service than Mark (Kenneally, 2012 Olympian) and his team offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 flux27

Would highly recommend Mac Fitness - they do a circuit type class and you can pay as you go, pay 70 euro for 10 classes or pay per month. You can just turn up and you don't need to book - find them really good and for all levels of fitness.

• Advertisement

I knew there had to be more to the area than the Glenroyal! Thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Definitely recommend mac fitness.

They've classes 3 or 4 times a day, in the mornings and evening and on Saturday morning.

It's 65 a month for unlimited classes.

So I'm giving some thought to some TRX classes. But shamefully, I'm about 14stone and only a small (in height!) girleen......
    Will I die? Or will I manage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I did the trx in finesse. I am ridiculously unfit and did it to lose baby weight. I nearly died the first time! Then I realised that any jumping made me dizzy. When I cut that out it was grand. They tailored the moves to your ability.

There were people of all different shapes, sizes and abilities there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Truth is, everyone dies a little when they first take up excercise after an extended period out activity.

Give it a chance and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I should add that I found it a really good all over body workout - would highly recommend! Just tell the instructor that you are new and maybe take a spot near them / the front so they can help you a little bit more :)

Advertisement