Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfinished Shopping Center Naas

Options
  • 19-07-2015 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's going on with it or have the latest update?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Someone was only saying to me yesterday, a proposal was made to take it down at a cost of 3 million. No other info, but something needs to be done with it. The car park that was their was a much greater asset that a big concrete shell. Might be too late to have a big enough impact with monread after opening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

They should at least take down the cranes, someday they will just collapse and flatten half the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,853 ✭✭✭✭L1011

thelawman wrote: »
    They should at least take down the cranes, someday they will just collapse and flatten half the town!

They're about all that has any activity there - they're being maintained and have valid safety certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's going on with it or have the latest update?

They already have one of the biggest tescos in Leinster, and the whole shopping centre around it...plus not one but two Aldis..what the hell Naas?! quit hoggin' stuff

What is supposed to be going into it - let me guess, another Aldi :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

They already have one of the biggest tescos in Leinster, and the whole shopping centre around it...plus not one but two Aldis..what the hell Naas?! quit hoggin' stuff

It has ( i told ) 63 Units

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

That's a decent sized shopping centre - just below the number of units in Whitewater. Somewhere else for us all to spend our hard earned €€€s

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Actually the biggest Tesco in Europe ;)

Dunnes was to anchor tenant for the town centre. I think that dispute is still in legal limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Planning Permission was for a main tenant and 43 units.

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWeb/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=1665570&format=djvu

It's planning number 04500037 if the link doesn't work.

A lot can happen in 10 years
    A MULTI-MILLION Euro shopping complex that will change the face of Naas town centre forever has been given the green light ....

Naas will have its own mall with a public plaza, shops, bars and restaurants ....

..., the development will span a massive 22,798 sq.meteres when completed in 2008.
    Kildare Nationalist 23 June 2005 - http://www.friendsoftheirishenvironment.org/papers-today/36-planning/7284-

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Where in Naas is this? I live near Naas and I've never noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

xzanti wrote: »
    Where in Naas is this? I live near Naas and I've never noticed it.

Open your eyes next time you drive through the town! :P

Just behind Main Street opposite the post office, or from the back facing the cbs secondary school

• Advertisement

Bernard Durkan asked the Minister of State about the Naas centre in a Dail answer and question on July 16.

There is a video of the exchange on his facebook page.

Regardless of what you think of Durkan - It probably is the most up to date info on the centre .

https://www.facebook.com/BernardDurkan

The councils only involvement is in the compulsory purchase of 2 small sites to facilitate road widening near the centre. This has gone to arbitration over the price to be paid to the landowners.

As Nama controlls the rest of the centre Kildare Co Co is precluded from involvement.

According to the current Leinster Leader, Nama couldn't comment on the issue as a receiver has not been appointed to the developer company Marshalsea.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

More carrots for me :o

Advertisement