Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank contactless?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

tallpaul wrote: »
    Just rang UB and they will issue new cards to me with contactless technology within four working days.

At long last!! I would have thought that now UB have gone contactless that Apple Pay is probably on the horizon.
    What number did you call? Tried to do it in an online chat there and they're still saying they're only available in the North for now

Got sorted with one after calling in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Simply Red wrote: »
    Got sorted with one after calling in

Will they just replace the existing one or will I need to 'lose' it before calling?

Mo14 wrote: »
    Will they just replace the existing one or will I need to 'lose' it before calling?
    They told me that they would cancel my old one in 21 days from the time I ordered the new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I think/hope you will be able to opt out and keep the regular chip & pin card or at least have the contactless feature disabled on the new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

My Ulster Bank debit card is due to expire in November so hopefully it gets replaced with a contactless one at last :-)

Got mine in the post today

Use it well! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Is it a servicecard?

• Advertisement

Is it a servicecard?
    Yes it is, here's how it looks. This is from a leaflet that came with the card

IMG_6561.jpg

Yes it is, here's how it looks. This is from a leaflet that came with the card

IMG_6561.jpg

Was your previous card also called a Service card or was it just called Debit card?

Mine is currently a Debit card and looking at the website, they are still not doing contactless with them.

They are only doing contactless cards for accounts that have a service card and not for debit cards, apparently all service cards will be replaced with contactless cards throughout November regardless, Accounts with debit cards are not getting them yet.
    Spoke in branch today.
    If you have a debit card with your type of account you will have to upgrade your account if you want a contactless card.

sitstill wrote: »
    Was your previous card also called a Service card or was it just called Debit card?

Mine is currently a Debit card and looking at the website, they are still not doing contactless with them.
    Yeah my last card was just a normal debit card, this new one still has the normal functionality of a debit card
    Full_Size_Render_3.jpg

Yeah my last card was just a normal debit card, this new one still has the normal functionality of a debit card
    Full_Size_Render_3.jpg

I just rang there and they confirmed that they'll be sending me out a contactless card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

What's a service card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

I phone last week for my card to be replaced with a contactless, after confirming my details, they said they'd send one out, got another non-contactless card in the post, has anyone that has a Debit Visa card managed to get the service card which is contactless?

I was told in branch on Friday by counter staff that no visa Debit cards would be replaced with contactless yet,
    Only service cards that you get with some accounts such as a U-First account,
    she was reading me the information from an internal memo type thing she had.

A standard account charges are €4 a month = Visa Debit Card.
    U-First account charges are €10 a month = Contactless card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

I was told on Friday that no visa debit cards would be replaced with contactless yet,
    Only service cards that you get with some accounts such as a U-First account,

A standard account charges are €4 a month = Visa Debit Card.
    U-First account charges are €10 a month = Contactless card

I have a U-First Account- I've never had a service card tho, always just the Visa Debit Card

pogsick wrote: »
    I have a U-First Account- I've never had a service card tho, always just the Visa Debit Card

That's odd, mine is a service card, I also have a s standard account with just the Visa Debit.

• Advertisement

I have a standard current account and when I rang up, I was told that my account was eligible for Service card and that I would be send out a contactless one in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

pogsick wrote: »
    I phone last week for my card to be replaced with a contactless, after confirming my details, they said they'd send one out, got another non-contactless card in the post, has anyone that has a Debit Visa card managed to get the service card which is contactless?

I got a new contactless card last week after reporting my old card as damaged. From what I understand every customer will have their card replaced with contactless during November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Might have to claim mine has stopped working so! Doesn't expire for another 2 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What's the difference between a debit card and servicecard??

I have a ufirst Gold account and when issued with a new contactless card, it is a Visa Debit servicecard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Long and short of the difference bar contactless;
    ServiceCARDs check every transaction for available funds, but if they can’t connect, the payment should still go through
    With debitCARDs every transaction is checked for available funds. However, this means that the card can’t be used at merchants who are unable to connect to the Bank's systems. Most merchants can connect, examples of those who can’t include unattended petrol pumps and some card terminals on planes and trains.

Advertisement