Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank contactless?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

My lovely shiny contactless card arrived today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I used mine for the first time tonight, bought something using the chip and pin, then did a contactless payment in Aldi. The chip and pin transaction I can see coming out of my account but no sign of the contactless one, strange it would take this long. Before anyone says it, I doubt I got away with it ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I've noticed UB transactions very slow to show up on my online statements the last few months, maybe 2 days during the week, and from FRiday afternoon on not showing til Tuesday or Wednesdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

testicles wrote: »

It's a Service Card but my original one was a Debit Card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Lovely stuff will be ordering mine tomorrow. Don't get people's gripes with Contactless cards. Much handier and quicker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It can take days for the account to update new transactions that you've made which is pretty pathetic considering a company like Revolut send me a notification a few seconds after I use that card.

Good to hear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

A new one arrived for me this morning. I hadn't ordered it and my existing service card had another year on it so looks like they're replacing these for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Jayop wrote: »
    It can take days for the account to update new transactions that you've made which is pretty pathetic considering a company like Revolut send me a notification a few seconds after I use that card.

Are Revolut contactless? I got the impression somewhere that contactless payments are offline so they don't get transmitted to the bank until the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

psinno wrote: »
    Are Revolut contactless? I got the impression somewhere that contactless payments are offline so they don't get transmitted to the bank until the end of the day.
    Some go online and some are offline. Depends on a number of things. Mainly limits that are set in the POS

Contactless is a form of EMV which acts in the same way as when a Chip and Pin Transactions is processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

My revolut isn't contactless but I have an old card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I got my contact less card in the post today, didn't order it it just came.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Were you due a new card?

Zhane wrote: »
    Were you due a new card?

No, I had a 7/17 expiry date for the old card. My wife has not received her card yet and it's a joint account so she should be getting it very soon I'd say

The wife's card just came in the post today as well.
    also not due for a replacement for over a year.

• Advertisement

No, I had a 7/17 expiry date for the old card. My wife has not received her card yet and it's a joint account so she should be getting it very soon I'd say

And was it a service card or a debit card? I'm just wondering if I should just call up and say I lost it

And was it a service card or a debit card? I'm just wondering if I should just call up and say I lost it

It was a service card and also the wife's card was a service card too.
    I have another current account with UB and that account just has a debit card rather than the service card and AFAIK the debit cards not going to be replaced with contact less for a while yet,
    but that's just what I was told in my branch a few weeks ago and I don't know how true it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Anyone with an existing service card is having it automatically replaced by end of November.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Anyone with an existing service card is having it automatically replaced by end of November.

Was talking to online chat last night who said that my UFirst account isn't eligible for a contactless card. Oh well the wait goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Was talking to online chat last night who said that my UFirst account isn't eligible for a contactless card. Oh well the wait goes on.

Maybe speak to your branch about it? They might just need to upgrade your card. Will probably involve a credit check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I spoke to Ulster Bank online, everyone is been issued with the contactless cards. They are working in batches. If you contact them to replace they will let you know when your batch is been processed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

The Mig wrote: »
    Lovely stuff will be ordering mine tomorrow. Don't get people's gripes with Contactless cards. Much handier and quicker!

There are two real gripes.

Security against fraud and the movement of banks & government to get rid of cash. The war against cash is a real thing. Ecb is eliminating 500 notes and 1&2's. Check out what India are doing right now and the panic it is causing. The line is it helps fight the black market, fraud & other criminal activity. What you don't hear is that it enables governments to extract money from the people when they want. Should we have another financial crisis, there will inevitably be levies on your pension and deposit account. They may even just take your savings (see Cyprus). Hardly worth dismissing these concerns for the sake of supposedly saving sevonds...

Mine is a UFirst account and was told that was why I was getting contactless....

Mine is a UFirst account and was told that was why I was getting contactless....

honestly I don't think UB knows their ass from their elbows most of the time!

• Advertisement

honestly I don't think UB knows their ass from their elbows most of the time!

This is so true.....
    I've been told totally contradictory information in a few different branches of ub. Only last week I was told in a branch that they were not available even though I knew that they were because of this thread but the counter staff were adamant, No contactless cards......then mine turned up in the post. feel like going back and showing them the card but I can't be arsdd.

Advertisement