Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank contactless?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

just got one of these cards today, my old one still has a year on it

how long can I keep using my old one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Got my replacements yesterday. A nice surprise as I was hoping for a contactless upgrade for a while.

However, they've changed the colour of the business debit cards to blue. It was previously red.

Now my personal and business cards look the same, bar the number. Very annoying. I know I can just spot the card number but it seems a very strange thing to change and leaves making a mistake that bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

Quick question I wonder if you'd know the answer to.

I got my new contactless card last week. On mybills.ie I have my old one registered to make payments to various companies. I made a payment to a company via mybills on Monday with the old card details and it left my bank account when I looked online.

I used my new contactless card before that and now it looks like my bank account has received the payment I made via mybills back. I can't be certain as there's no details, but the amount available via U Bank anytime seems to have jumped by that amount.

Could the amount I paid have been bounced back via Mybills or the company because I used my new contactless card and the old one has been rejected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Until you activate the new one by using it.

Not the case. The letter that comes with it specified something like a month cross over or something.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Rob C wrote: »
    Quick question I wonder if you'd know the answer to.

I got my new contactless card last week. On mybills.ie I have my old one registered to make payments to various companies. I made a payment to a company via mybills on Monday with the old card details and it left my bank account when I looked online.

I used my new contactless card before that and now it looks like my bank account has received the payment I made via mybills back. I can't be certain as there's no details, but the amount available via U Bank anytime seems to have jumped by that amount.

Could the amount I paid have been bounced back via Mybills or the company because I used my new contactless card and the old one has been rejected?

It's normal with UB that when you make a Visa Debit payment, your available balance drops by that amount but then your balance temporarily has the amount of that transaction added back on again the evening before the transaction is finalised on your account.

Check again in the morning and see if the transaction is listed.

Advertisement