Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I go about setting up a PAYG account with your company?

Options
  • 19-07-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hi, the apartment I live in has had gas utility in the past however it was discontinued. Since I moved in I have wanted to re-establish a gas connection (it's used for a separate shower) and I would like to set up a new account.  The previous account was with Bord Gais.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]How could we go about setting up a new account ideally in conjunction with a prepay meter box - the previous account was bill pay but I would like to get the PAYG box installed?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Also, the previous account had a deposit of €400 that wasn't paid as well as a bill for ~€50 that was left unpaid and resulting in the account being suspended. Would the deposit need to be paid on a new account or do we just need to pay of the ~€50 for the previous bill?[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi dmullins,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your query.

Any debt that is accrued with another supplier would not transfer to us. You would only be responsible from when the account is registered in your name. We have a €300 security deposit in some cases, but this would not be applicable if you have a good credit history with us or if you move to a prepayment meter.

Firstly, can you confirm if there is still a gas meter in the property? It doesn't matter if it is a regular or a Pay As You Go meter. If there is a meter present, we would need to request a reconnection of supply. For this we would need your GPRN and an up to date meter reading. If there is no meter, we would need to request a new connection. Again, we would need the GPRN for this.

There may be fees involved depending on whether you need a reconnection or simply a new connection or an exchange of meter. There is a charge for a reconnection of €72.54. The fee to install a Pay As You Go gas meter or to exchange from a standard meter to Pay As You Go gas is €110.58 and it costs €199.13 to exchange from Pay As You Go gas to a standard meter if you ever change your mind.

Secondly, do you own this property or are you renting it? You would need the permission of the property owner to exchange the meter if you wish to go from a standard gas meter to a prepayment gas meter.

Finally, can you please confirm the following details for us via private message if you wish for us to proceed with logging this request?

- Your full name
    - Your account number if you have ever had one with us
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks and regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement