Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Summerslam 2015 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

• 19-07-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭

August 23 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York

Some rumoured potential matches so far:-

Sting Vs. Bray Wyatt

Lesnar Vs. Undertaker

Stardust Vs. Stephen Amell

Dolph Ziggler/Lana Vs. Rusev/Summer Rae

HHH Vs. Reigns

WWE WHC Title - Rollins (c) Vs. Ambrose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Undertaker looks set for SummerSlam anyways after Battleground. How Rollins and the title fits in remains to be seen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks like Sting/Reigns vs. Wyatt/Harper as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Taker better be jobbing, don't see why anyone would want him to go over Lesnar at this stage. I know tons of people are like "Taker has to go over" ...but why? what value is there to it.

Aiming for Taker to win so they can have a rubber match is a huge risk too, if this match is the shíts (pretty bloody likely) no one will want a third one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Taker better be jobbing, don't see why anyone would want him to go over Lesnar at this stage. I know tons of people are like "Taker has to go over" ...but why? what value is there to it.

Aiming for Taker to win so they can have a rubber match is a huge risk too, if this match is the shíts (pretty bloody likely) no one will want a third one.

If they fight at Summerslam I think it could be a casket match allowing Brock to lose without getting pinned.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A loss here could start off Takers retirement angle. Similarily a Sting win at Summerslam could recover him somewhat from his WWE debut defeat and set him off heading towards the potential retirement bout at Wrestlemania in Texas when the two stallwarts WCW/WWF go out against each other on the grandest stage of them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Tugboats wrote: »
    If they fight at Summerslam I think it could be a casket match allowing Brock to lose without getting pinned.

Whether he is shoved in a casket or pinned in the middle of the ring, it is still a loss, and that just cant happen, not after how Lesnar has been booked in the last 18 months.

If it had to happen, it should be Takers retirement match at Mania

Edit: Another match that is, not Taker going over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Loughc wrote: »
    Looks like Sting/Reigns vs. Wyatt/Harper as well.

The original plan was Reigns, Sting & Ambrose vs. The Wyatt's but I'd just put Bo with Brays team.
    Real question is who Rollins faces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,070 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ERG89 wrote: »
    The original plan was Reigns, Sting & Ambrose vs. The Wyatt's but I'd just put Bo with Brays team.
    Real question is who Rollins faces?

John Cena again I can feel hope not . Kevin Owens would be cool but not big enough yet. Could.be sting or Ambrose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It should be Rollins v Cena now. Owens v Cesaro. I would prefer to see Jimmy Uso back up Reigns over Sting.

Have to figure Triple H in somewhere though. The show needs more part timers in WWE eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm fairly sure Cena is being setup for a WWE title shot; hence the clean victory at Battleground. No doubt Vince is blaming the low ratings on Cena being out of the title picture. To be fair, Cena vs Rollins for the title would be huge; and Cena has been excellent all year so I'm sure it would be a great match; I just hope he doesn't win.

With Lesnar out of the title picture, who else can Rollins face apart from Cena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Rumours Sting might face Rollins for the title going around.

Sting v Rollins

Taker v Lesnar

Owens v Cena

Reigns, Ambrose and Orton v Wyatt, Harper and Sheamus

Stardust v Amell

Rusev and Summer v Ziggler and Lana

Divas Match

Wouldn't be the worst card I ever saw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »

And a 5 year old picture of taker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah boo no becky but three of the lads aren't back behind the yellow line!

Undertaker vs Lesnar announced on Raw for SS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I originally thought Triple H meant he wanted it and they'd have it play towards it, but yeah, sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why are we being subjected to cena and rollins again for a a while there last year they were fighting almost weekly in stipulation matchs with rollins been made look weak as hell each time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, they need more new matches, eg Cena Vs Kofi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,070 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love to see Sting back for summerslam but he dont fit in anything at the moment. I know the rumour was he was teaming with Reigns and Ambrose vs The Wyatts but rowan is injured and Bo dallas would not cause enough damage for Reigns/amborse to seek a third partner what a turn it would be if Sting was the new member of the wyatt family. This whole storyline is pointing towards Ambrose betraying Reigns or vice versa

Once again its going to be a cena world title match (possibily title vs title)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I'd like to see Rollins v Ambrose for the title, I can see Sting costing Taker setting up a WM match next year.I hope Owens is given a big spot aswell I think he can be a huge star.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'd like to see Rollins v Ambrose for the title, I can see Sting costing Taker setting up a WM match next year.I hope Owens is given a big spot aswell I think he can be a huge star.

Looks like ambrose is being lumped in against the Wyatts and Owens is getting landed with Cesaro and Rusev in the I got buried by Cena invitational.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rumours like this pop up from time to time often it is confusion about the pre-show but here you go:
    It looks like there is some credibility to the rumors of WWE SummerSlam being a 4 hour pay-per-view this year.

Luca Franchini, who does WWE announcing for Sky Italia in Italy, announced on Facebook that WWE informed the network that this year's SummerSlam will be 4 hours long, in order for them to prepare and make room for the extra hour.

Franchini noted that SummerSlam is now scheduled to begin at 7pm EST instead of 8pm EST, pushing the Kickoff Pre-show up to 6pm EST.

It's possible WWE will make the official announcement this week.

I wouldn't mind if they kept the card the same size and had longer matches on the night then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Need the extra hour for Taker's entrance :pac:

4 hours ? Right need to get a new tape and set the yoke to LP.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Need the extra hour for Taker's entrance :pac:

And a musical performance by a band no one asked for. :(

Better book the day off work:
    WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced today that SummerSlam will expand from a three-hour show to a four-hour telecast live on WWE Network and now begin at 7pm ET on Sunday, August 23. SummerSlam joins WWE's annual pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania®, as the only two events with four hours of live non-stop action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So many of these supposed matches have been done to death. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Match

Los Matadores vs Lucha Dragons vs New Day vs Prime Time Players

Ambrose/Reigns vs Wyatt/Harper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

They better make the Wyatt match no holds barred. Just wana see a brawl all over the arena in that match

Announced on Raw...
    Neville & Stephen Amell vs Stardust and King Barrett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Winner Take All Match:
    -WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. WWE United States Champion John Cena

Triple Threat for the WWE Intercontinental Title:
    -The Miz vs. Big Show vs. Ryback

Fatal 4 Way for the WWE Tag Team Titles:
    -The New Day vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores vs. The Prime Time Players

-Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

-Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper

Elimination Match
    Team B.A.D. (Tamina, Naomi & Sasha Banks) vs. Team Bella (Brie Bella, Nikki Bella & Alicia Fox) vs. Team PCB (Paige, Charlotte & Becky Lynch)

Neville & Stephen Amell vs. Stardust & King Barrett

Cesaro vs Kevin Owens, Rusev vs Dolph Z and Randy Orton vs Sheamus could be added as they do have time to fill.

I really hope Sheamus gets in on this somewhere. I was disappointed he had no match on Monday.

• Advertisement

I really hope Sheamus gets in on this somewhere. I was disappointed he had no match on Monday.

I think it'll be full blown for Sheamus Orton now that Cena has been cleared to Wrestle. They've 4 hours to fill and need star power to fill those hours!

I'm predicting that Sheamus cashes in, but somehow leaves with the US title only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

How can they think throwing nine random divas together helps the revolution. It's back to the days of throwing a load of women in one match just to get them on the card.

Compare with the proper feuds that the women have on NXT and you wonder how this is the same company.

How can they think throwing nine random divas together helps the revolution. It's back to the days of throwing a load of women in one match just to get them on the card.

Compare with the proper feuds that the women have on NXT and you wonder how this is the same company.

The names of the groups will tell how much effort they're putting into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah because of them I can't search for "Submission Sorority" without getting back loads of images of the divas first. They ruined everything! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

The names of the groups will tell how much effort they're putting into this.

That there even are three named teams of three women wrestling (yes, even the Bellas) shows that there is some effort being put towards the division.

Ridley wrote: »
    That there even are three named teams of three women wrestling (yes, even the Bellas) shows that there is some effort being put towards the division.

As I said previously, the fact they didn't even bother running a Google search before the let Team Paige announce their new name shows they really aren't that bothered by this "Revolution"...

it's all just a smart way to make sure NB doesn't have to defend her title, and passes AJ's record reign.
    and yes, Vince is that petty.

If they're going to continue using the term 'diva' then there's no revolution. The NXT supercard matches are often great but the weekly TV show matches are so-so.

They're building this "revolution" around the fact that they're giving the women more TV time rather than around match wins and losses leading to the title meaning something. They see Ronda Rousey getting mainstream attention for her abilities rather than her breasts n' buttocks and they want in on that.

Maybe they'll make a big deal when one of the NXT'ers beat the Bella for the belt.

Stephen Amell, who is scheduled for a tag team match at SummerSlam, was injured in doing a weight workout this morning.

According to a video he posted, Amell was doing a snatch, which is a lift where you take the bar from the floor to overhead without pausing at the shoulders (which would be a clean and jerk or clean and press). When doing the lift, he ended up smashing the bar into his jaw.

He suffered a cracked jaw, his molars were indented into his tongue and his tongue was swollen. No word on how this may or may not affect his match next week.

Whoops

Well, shít. I was looking forward to Amell's appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As I said previously, the fact they didn't even bother running a Google search before the let Team Paige announce their new name shows they really aren't that bothered by this "Revolution"...

I'll still take eleven Divas having an active role in storylines while it lasts.

As awful as the Lana/Summer Rae thing is.

rovert wrote: »

Christ sake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement