Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Summerslam 2015 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

They better make the Wyatt match no holds barred. Just wana see a brawl all over the arena in that match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Announced on Raw...
    Neville & Stephen Amell vs Stardust and King Barrett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Winner Take All Match:
    -WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. WWE United States Champion John Cena

Triple Threat for the WWE Intercontinental Title:
    -The Miz vs. Big Show vs. Ryback

Fatal 4 Way for the WWE Tag Team Titles:
    -The New Day vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores vs. The Prime Time Players

-Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

-Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper

Elimination Match
    Team B.A.D. (Tamina, Naomi & Sasha Banks) vs. Team Bella (Brie Bella, Nikki Bella & Alicia Fox) vs. Team PCB (Paige, Charlotte & Becky Lynch)

Neville & Stephen Amell vs. Stardust & King Barrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Cesaro vs Kevin Owens, Rusev vs Dolph Z and Randy Orton vs Sheamus could be added as they do have time to fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I really hope Sheamus gets in on this somewhere. I was disappointed he had no match on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I really hope Sheamus gets in on this somewhere. I was disappointed he had no match on Monday.

I think it'll be full blown for Sheamus Orton now that Cena has been cleared to Wrestle. They've 4 hours to fill and need star power to fill those hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'm predicting that Sheamus cashes in, but somehow leaves with the US title only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

How can they think throwing nine random divas together helps the revolution. It's back to the days of throwing a load of women in one match just to get them on the card.

Compare with the proper feuds that the women have on NXT and you wonder how this is the same company.

How can they think throwing nine random divas together helps the revolution. It's back to the days of throwing a load of women in one match just to get them on the card.

Compare with the proper feuds that the women have on NXT and you wonder how this is the same company.

The names of the groups will tell how much effort they're putting into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah because of them I can't search for "Submission Sorority" without getting back loads of images of the divas first. They ruined everything! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

J. Marston wrote: »
    The names of the groups will tell how much effort they're putting into this.

That there even are three named teams of three women wrestling (yes, even the Bellas) shows that there is some effort being put towards the division.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ridley wrote: »
    That there even are three named teams of three women wrestling (yes, even the Bellas) shows that there is some effort being put towards the division.

As I said previously, the fact they didn't even bother running a Google search before the let Team Paige announce their new name shows they really aren't that bothered by this "Revolution"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it's all just a smart way to make sure NB doesn't have to defend her title, and passes AJ's record reign.
    and yes, Vince is that petty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

If they're going to continue using the term 'diva' then there's no revolution. The NXT supercard matches are often great but the weekly TV show matches are so-so.

They're building this "revolution" around the fact that they're giving the women more TV time rather than around match wins and losses leading to the title meaning something. They see Ronda Rousey getting mainstream attention for her abilities rather than her breasts n' buttocks and they want in on that.

Maybe they'll make a big deal when one of the NXT'ers beat the Bella for the belt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Stephen Amell, who is scheduled for a tag team match at SummerSlam, was injured in doing a weight workout this morning.

According to a video he posted, Amell was doing a snatch, which is a lift where you take the bar from the floor to overhead without pausing at the shoulders (which would be a clean and jerk or clean and press). When doing the lift, he ended up smashing the bar into his jaw.

He suffered a cracked jaw, his molars were indented into his tongue and his tongue was swollen. No word on how this may or may not affect his match next week.

Whoops

Well, shít. I was looking forward to Amell's appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As I said previously, the fact they didn't even bother running a Google search before the let Team Paige announce their new name shows they really aren't that bothered by this "Revolution"...

I'll still take eleven Divas having an active role in storylines while it lasts.

As awful as the Lana/Summer Rae thing is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »

Christ sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm predicting that Sheamus cashes in, but somehow leaves with the US title only.
    I was thinking maybe he'd cash in and Seth Rollins would end up as the U.S Champion.

It was announced on Monday by USA Today that Jon Stewart will be appearing at SummerSlam this Sunday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and serve as the official host for the show.

Stewart just wrapped up his hosting duties for "The Daily Show", a show that he has hosted since 1999 and this will be his first major appearance since stepping down from the show.

Four hour show so they probably need something.

Is it Sheamus vs Ziggler or Sheamus vs Orton that we've seen a ridiculous amount of times on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Is it Sheamus vs Ziggler or Sheamus vs Orton that we've seen a ridiculous amount of times on TV?

Both sadly.

At least its not Sheamus v Del Rio.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Both sadly.

At least its not Sheamus v Del Rio.:o

or Big Show vs Sheamus

Amell and Stewart, two likeable celebrities who get wrestling. WWE, you are spoiling us.

(Waits for Kid Rock concert to be announced...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

13 times on PPV since 2009.

My God...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    13 times on PPV since 2009.

My God...

Dolph v Sheamus matches can be good fun, if a little predictable (what Dolph and Sheamus matches aren't:P) but Sheamus v Orton is a snooze. Neither guy will do anything wrong, but its never that exciting of a match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I hate the tagline the rematch too big for WrestleMania, so big you put it on your second biggest show of the year so... Yeah ok mate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement