Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Summerslam 2015 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

More like "the match we're doing now instead of Wrestlemania because our ratings are so bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

More like "the match we're doing now instead of Wrestlemania because our ratings are so bad"

More like Taker probably won't make it to Mania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What's your prediction for taker v lesnar ? Could perhaps see a screwy finish maybe have sting cost taker and set up a dream match down the road.

Can also see taker getting his revange but makes no sense in the long run for lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'm thinking Taker wins, and hangs around for a while as a heel, setting up a match vs Cena at Survivor Series.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Taker to win, but why bother, it's really not like he needs his win back at this stage in his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »
    Taker to win, but why bother, it's really not like he needs his win back at this stage in his career.

Agreed.

I assumed Lesnar beat Taker first time around so ultimately he could give that rub to someone new, but what is the point if he going to give it back to a 50 year old who will probably only wrestle another few matches before he goes?

Lesnar is younger, will be around more and will wrestle more matches than Taker, he should be the one to get the win on Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Every year you hear about Taker (and Kane/others) potentially retiring, but I wouldn't be surprised if he loses to Brock and that starts a retirement angle.

Have it be something like how after two such beatings by Brock he is questioning if can really run the yard anymore, then have someone like Kevin Owens want to prove he is past it and attempt to retire him at the next PPV. Taker then has a retirement match (if he loses he is gone) every PPV running all the way to Wrestlemania where he faces Sting in the oft talked about dream match which will also allow Vince McMahon & co to do what they love and turn it into a WCW vs WWF match even though it'l be nearly 15 years since that rivalry was in full swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

To set up the re-rematch that is big enough for WrestleMania in Takers home state. Doesn't make much sense long term as the first win over Lesnar that is being booked so strongly. Should have went to Reigns but that's another story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Every year you hear about Taker (and Kane/others) potentially retiring, but I wouldn't be surprised if he loses to Brock and that starts a retirement angle.

Have it be something like how after two such beatings by Brock he is questioning if can really run the yard anymore, then have someone like Kevin Owens want to prove he is past it and attempt to retire him at the next PPV. Taker then has a retirement match (if he loses he is gone) every PPV running all the way to Wrestlemania where he faces Sting in the oft talked about dream match which will also allow Vince McMahon & co to do what they love and turn it into a WCW vs WWF match even though it'l be nearly 15 years since that rivalry was in full swing.

The whole the next time he loses he's gone is a straight copy of Ric Flair, but the again it's not like WWE to do the same thing again, is it ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Honestly didn't even think of the Ric Flair thing the just wrote the post without thinking making it up as I went along though I honestly wouldn't mind if they repeated the angle (plus we might get to see some fresh Taker matches as part of the angle vs KO for example) and it could be different anyway as unlike the Flair thing it could be a double retirement match at mania with Sting where either both retire together or Taker actually wins retiring WCW/Sting.

anyway Summerslam...

I hope Cena doesn't win, not just cos of the annoyance with, Cena wins LOL, but cos he has been great in the mid card and I honestly don't want him as the 1 time champ just yet (he will eventually get it I'm sure).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The whole the next time he loses he's gone is a straight copy of Ric Flair, but the again it's not like WWE to do the same thing again, is it ?

No way Takers body would hold up physically either, the Lesnar match is going to take a huge toll on his body especially if he takes a few trips to Suplex City.
    Cena's new shirt, flagging ratings & the cruddiness of Rollins title reign has Mr thinking he might drop the belt. Probably sometime between now & the Survivor Series. Giving Sheamus the MITB case was such an awful decision though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Brock surely has to win after that go home segment now.

Taker winning makes literally zero sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Brock surely has to win after that go home segment now.

Taker winning makes literally zero sense.

I'll be really disappointed if Taker wins. I hope Vince makes the right call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brock to win.

Then he will face The Brothers of Destruction at Survivor series or WM in a handicap match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Winner Take All Match:
    WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. WWE United States Champion John Cena

Triple Threat for the WWE Intercontinental Title:
    The Miz vs. Big Show vs. Ryback

Fatal 4 Way for the WWE Tag Team Titles:
    The New Day vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores vs. The Prime Time Players

Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper

Elimination Match
    Team B.A.D. (Tamina, Naomi & Sasha Banks) vs. Team Bella (Brie Bella, Nikki Bella & Alicia Fox) vs. Team PCB (Paige, Charlotte & Becky Lynch)

Neville & Stephen Amell vs. Stardust & King Barrett

Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I've said it time and time again here, John Cena has entertained me more since February than he has possibly in the last 3 years combined. I would be pretty happy seeing him win Sunday. Failing that, I'd be even happier if Sheamus were to cash in and get a good dominant run with the championship. They should have pushed him as a Brock Lesnar-type guy.
    I hope The Big Show wins the Intercontinental Championship because I want to see what the internet says and I get quite a kick out of all the butt-hurt he seems to cause by his very existence. If anything, this has made me enjoy him more in recent years, and has even lead to me root for him in the majority of matches that he wrestles nowadays.
    The New Day deserve the Tag Team Championship again I think, whichever combination of the 3 it's going to be in the match on Sunday. Their reign felt like it was cut short while they could have still gotten a bit of mileage out of it and I think that they could become something really great if they have the straps to lord over everyone and brag incessantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When they say the divas is an elimination match, is it Survivor series style or just a team gets eliminate when one member gets pinned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd say it's probably when one member gets pinned or submitted, the entire team is eliminated.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Has any match been announced for the kick off show?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Has any match been announced for the kick off show?

The kick off show is pre-recorded 30 - 60 minutes before of the actually airing of it and normally they don't show matches.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    The kick off show is pre-recorded 30 - 60 minutes before of the actually airing of it and normally they don't show matches.

When did they stop doing the live kick off shows on the Network that usually had a match with the clock counting down to the PPV/Event itself?

When did they stop doing the live kick off shows on the Network that usually had a match with the clock counting down to the PPV/Event itself?

No the NXT ones are pre-recorded. I guess to have fans there behind them before the doors of Full Sail open.

I've zero idea what they are going to do with NXT Brooklyn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Me thinks rovert thinks this is the NXT thread :)

Nothing announced yet AFAIK, but I'd be very surprised if the Tag Team Fatal-4-Way wasn't park of the kick-off show

rovert wrote: »
    No the NXT ones are pre-recorded. I guess to have fans there behind them before the doors of Full Sail open.

I've zero idea what they are going to do with NXT Brooklyn.

I'm not asking about the NXT preshow, I was asking about the Preshow for Summerslam, hence why I posted in the SummerSlam thread :P

You must have NXT on the brain ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A masked Kane is cost lesner the match.

Saw a cool thing on bleacher report where Kane returns and then the lights go out and then sting appears and helps lesner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've decided I'm not watching the event Sunday as can we be sure the network will actually work at all ? They can hump off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've decided I'm not watching the event Sunday as can we be sure the network will actually work at all ? They can hump off.

Would ya not check if its works on Sunday night ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ricero wrote: »
    Would ya not check if its works on Sunday night ?

Well it's been dog ****e for the last week with no sign of improving.and I'll be getting up early but would have normally stayed up for a bit but unless the issues resolve themselves then i won't bother.

The live stream should be grand. It is the archive stuff that is the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

watching in waterford at a summerslam party using the network so hopefully it works. gave up watching it on ps4 as it kept stopping

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement