Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disciplinary procedure issue

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

aimee1 wrote: »
    turns out the package was for a friend of a director and a supervisor messed up shipping it on friday and tried to pass the buck. dont need this sh1t in work really.

So have you been exonerated then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Stheno wrote: »
    So have you been exonerated then?

not quite. supervisor and manager are saying i was requested to do this job ASAP on Monday morning, a conversation which never happened. Silly season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sorry off topic op but what channel is heartbeat on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If it was me I'd be getting my retaliation in first now.

With the caveat, that this is based on your account being accurate (I've gone through a few disciplinaries where the accused gave me a version of the events that folded when the case was presented, if you're going to lie at least don't lie to convice yourself. )

If you have been given a formal letter with the allegation against you then they must have a disciplinary meeting based on that allegation, they will have to find there is no grounds for a disciplinary case given the paper trail and close it.

They may try to open a new case.

a) talk to a company law solicitor, if you have a paper trail to prove what you say a good company law solictor will tell you where you stand in relation to taking a case to a rights officer against the company and the pitfalls therein

b) Review your company's grievance policy, Tell HR in writing that you want to take a formal grievance against your manager for making a false complaint. That's usually gross misconduct under most companies rulebook and therefore sackable. The serious nature of the grievance is why you want to go straight to a formal procedure rather than attempt to resolve it informally. Let him (and the guy who probably put him up to it) know that there's consequences to trying to shaft you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

aimee1 wrote: »
    not quite. supervisor and manager are saying i was requested to do this job ASAP on Monday morning, a conversation which never happened. Silly season

You posted previously that you were told it was urgent though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Stheno wrote: »
    You posted previously that you were told it was urgent though?

They are claiming they both spoke to me to get the job done immediately so it could be sent by courier. The post-it which i binned said make sure it goes today.

I think they got their arses kicked and are passing the buck. Solicitor dealing with it now. Letter sent on friday afternoon

Advertisement