Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thrift stores

Options
  • 19-07-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi! I'm kinda new to Cork and I want to know are there really cheap thrift stores here?
    I'm talking about 1-5 euro type of cheap. I could only find cancer society stores and I have visited Mother Jones Flea Market which is a really cool place, but overpriced, imho.
    I'm used to buying clothes at really low rates. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

MollyJolly wrote: »
    Hi! I'm kinda new to Cork and I want to know are there really cheap thrift stores here?
    I'm talking about 1-5 euro type of cheap. I could only find cancer society stores and I have visited Mother Jones Flea Market which is a really cool place, but overpriced, imho.
    I'm used to buying clothes at really low rates. :D

There's a few on North Main street on two on Oliver Plunktt street. They're all charity shops so might not be as cheap as what you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Penneys on main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thift is funky now so it seems like second hand clothes have gone up. It is crazy there is a loverly store by the side entrance to the English Market by Claires but jes the prices are mad so there around.. A waistcoat was around €70 and up then to around €300... Nice stuff but it is more aimed at the hipster dudes that fell out of Brown Thomas id say..

Just thought theres another on at the back of Dunnes stores but again no where near 1 - 5 euro prices...

The charity shops really are the best bet... If you ever go to Skibbereen there are a few nice shops there.. Seriously thing you should set up the facebook page for it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Its depends on what youre looking for.Theres a fairy newish big charity shop,Twice Is Nice, directly across from the bus station where that busy junction is.Theres one on Washington St near Preachers,the staff are kind of weird and unfriendly apart from one sound Dublin guy.Quite a few on North Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Penneys on main street.

If it is clothes you are looking for, it is difficult to beat Penneys for value. I have heard of a good thrift/charity shop on Oliver Plunkett Street but I haven't used it and don't have any details. Somebody also mentioned that there is one in the old Dunnes Stores shopping centre out in Bishopstown but again I haven't used it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement