Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

flying solo

• 19-07-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭

So as the title suggests, looking at going on a holiday on my own, looking for somewhere just to chill, see some sights, get a bit of sun.

was thinking spain/ france but as this is my first time doing this would love some input

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm just back from four nights in Vigo in North West Spain, and I highly recommend it as a solo destination. You have the sun and the sea but not the hordes of tourists or lovey dovey couples. Four nights was perfect for me, enough to feel like I had a break but not enough to be lonely. I flew with Iberia Express via Madrid to Vigo itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Hi op, I spent a week in Las Palmas which is the capital of Gran Canaria in April. There is a stunning beach called Las Canteras right in the city. It's 3km long. There is also a beautiful old town with interesting museums. Las Palmas is in the north of the island, while the resorts are all in the south so you get to see the "real" Gran Canaria. Lisbon in Portugal is also a beautiful city, loads to see and do, plenty to keep a solo traveller entertained.

Advertisement