Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here lose digiweb wireless broadband today

Options
  • 19-07-2015 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

As per the question - went sometime this afternoon/early evening, Just came back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

As per the question - went sometime this afternoon/early evening, Just came back.

apologies but not a customer. whats the service like in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fine, they went through a dodgy spell a few years ago but no complaints in the scheme of things (stays on more than UPC or so I hear!).

The only thing to beware of is that its a line of sight service so you need to be able to see the transmitter (on the water tower at Upper Grange) from the top of your house (thats for METRO service but they also have fibre and DSL which presumably need eircom line)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

If you don't have line of sight to that location and you don't want to use your phone line or UPC you can go with one of the local companies who provide wireless broadband, such as Total Wireless or Alfawave.

At least then you're also supporting the local economy.

Total Wireless or Alfawave.

what are these services like?

Trick works for Alfawave so he may be biased about that one!

here is http://www.totalwireless.ie/, price for the 5mb connection about 15% higher than digiweb wireless and the installation of wireless compares badly to Metro cost - €120 v €30

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/metro

The only real plus point for total wireless is no enforced cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

That's why I mentioned the other company too.

Best if you look at the companies' websites and contact whichever one appeals to you most.

That's why I mentioned the other company too.

Best if you look at the companies' websites and contact whichever one appeals to you most.

thank you but sure you know yourself, its best to get customer feedback for true service opinion.

Just found http://www.alphawave.ie/?page_id=482

Not cheap & installation pricey (or in truth closer to the actual cost the likes of digiweb are willing to take a loss on the set up), again no cap.

If you search boards you'll find a few threads on both companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

I'd recommend Total Wireless to anyone

Advertisement