Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avon Ri Gym

Options
  • 19-07-2015 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of the Avon Ri Gym? Facilities, classes, peak hours, staff, trainers, etc? It doesn't seem that cheap compared with Dublin prices, but if it was less busy, I would consider it, so I'd appreciate any feedback anyone could give. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

convert wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience of the Avon Ri Gym? Facilities, classes, peak hours, staff, trainers, etc? It doesn't seem that cheap compared with Dublin prices, but if it was less busy, I would consider it, so I'd appreciate any feedback anyone could give. Thanks.

Wouldn't mind known more about avon ri gym myself, Did you find any more out convert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind known more about avon ri gym myself, Did you find any more out convert?

It's small enough. One side has cardio and the other weights. One dedicated bench setup, one squat rack and a smith machine. One of most of the machine weight set ups. It's pricey for what it is but the alternative is naas or tallaght. Factor in petrol to either say 4 times a week and its not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I've not found out any more, but I'm planning to drop in some evening and see what it's like, how busy it is, etc. I do think it's pricey, but the convenience of it is probably worth it in the long run. I'll let you know when I drop in.

Given that it's taken a month for me to drop in, I'm not sure if this post will be of any help, but here it goes anyway.

Finally managed to call into Avon Ri last night. As mentioned above, the gym is small, but it has pretty much everything you'd need, though this can be restricted for classes, such as kettle bells, but given that these classes are scheduled in advance, you can work around it. The person who showed us around seemed to know their stuff, and were helpful in answering questions, etc., which is always good. It wasn't too busy, and there were machines free, so no mad queuing!

I'm thinking of joining for a month/3 months and see how it goes. I'll report back again when I had a little more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LadyZ

Just wondering if you took the membership for Avon Ri - if so, would you recommend it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

LadyZ wrote: »
    Just wondering if you took the membership for Avon Ri - if so, would you recommend it?
    I thought the gym was currently out of action? They are refurbishing the place for a while now, the pool is closed too.
    I went in for a chat there before, I think they said 30 a month with pool access which was good (although the pool is tiny).
    Do you know if it's back open?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know is it back open?

It wasn't the last time I was there, mid summer. And I don't see anything up on their website/facebook page about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I rang them and was told that it is still closed and they have no ideas when it will be back open.Person on the phone couldnt tell me if it is likely to re-open at all.

Advertisement