Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Longford

Options
  • 19-07-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi, I'm in Longford for 2 months now and think I need to join a gym, and I'd also like the use of a pool. Seems like the options near town are the Longford Arms and The Mall.

Anyone have any experience with these? Which is the better choice in your opinion? I'm a novice, so it'd be handy to have somewhere with half-decent trainers also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi, I'm in Longford for 2 months now and think I need to join a gym, and I'd also like the use of a pool. Seems like the options near town are the Longford Arms and The Mall.

Anyone have any experience with these? Which is the better choice in your opinion? I'm a novice, so it'd be handy to have somewhere with half-decent trainers also.

Not a member of either, but from what ive heard the Mall appears to be better. have you checked prices in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

messrs wrote: »
    Not a member of either, but from what ive heard the Mall appears to be better. have you checked prices in them?
    I've not tried either but you could also try Longford fitness at the Red cow, think it's over euro giant and peak performance / fitness which us somewhere out the Athlone Road, and maybe just pay
    as you go in the mall for the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

I've not tried either but you could also try Longford fitness at the Red cow, think it's over euro giant and peak performance / fitness which us somewhere out the Athlone Road, and maybe just pay
    as you go in the mall for the pool.

Is Longford Fitness actually a gym? I've looked it up and it looks good, but I thought it was only classes

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

There's a place just out at mastertec (shannonside/vfm) ran by guy called casper. Nor been too myself but hear good reports.

I've heard had wide selection of machines and working ( unlike some places) and free weights etc.

Advertisement