Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper service station

Options
  • 20-07-2015 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Do you know any locations, not the campsites, where can I top up a fresh water and drop off a waste water? Are there any camper service stations at the petrol stations like in Europe?

I'm thinking about wild camping, but from time to time I'd need get rid of my grey water and top up some fresh...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Marinas along the Shannon would probably have facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

I haven't been to any but I hear there is one in Greystones and one in Foynes/Askeaton area and I did here the council in the north opened a few so you could perhaps try their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

I haven't been to any but I hear there is one in Greystones and one in Foynes/Askeaton area and I did here the council in the north opened a few so you could perhaps try their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Mavv wrote: »
    Hi,

Do you know any locations, not the campsites, where can I top up a fresh water and drop off a waste water? Are there any camper service stations at the petrol stations like in Europe?

I'm thinking about wild camping, but from time to time I'd need get rid of my grey water and top up some fresh...

At present there are only the places mentioned, but do not despair.

Ask nicely (before you buy fuel) and you may be allowed to empty your grey water (stuff from sink & shower) into a car wash grid and take on some fresh water if there's a suitable tap.
    Empty your toilet cassette (carefully) into a public toilet, superloo's are great for this.

There's often a water tap at graveyards :eek:

Advertisement