Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job/mortgage approval

Options
  • 20-07-2015 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,
    Wondering if part of applying for a mortgage involves having worked with the same company for several years? would I be affected if I changed my job?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Banks prefer to see longer tenures when offering a mortgage. Especially if you're employed by the company less than a year and in a probation period, you're at a higher risk.

Unless you're looking to move to a job with a much bigger salary, then I'd be inclined to hold off on changing job until after you've moved house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

SizzlerB wrote: »
    Hello,
    Wondering if part of applying for a mortgage involves having worked with the same company for several years? would I be affected if I changed my job?

thanks,
    Hi SizzlerB,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

There are a number of factors that are taking into consideration when applying for a Mortgage.

For more information please see here:
    https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/mortgages/

You can also request a call back via the above link from one of our qualified Mortgages advisors who will be happy to discuss this further with you.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SizzlerB

seamus wrote: »
    Banks prefer to see longer tenures when offering a mortgage. Especially if you're employed by the company less than a year and in a probation period, you're at a higher risk.

Unless you're looking to move to a job with a much bigger salary, then I'd be inclined to hold off on changing job until after you've moved house.
    Thanks Seamus, much appreciated.

Advertisement