Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any experience of thundershirts?

• 20-07-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi All,

Yet another thread about my shihtzu :P

We've been having crazy-ass storms over here (continental Europe) the past two weeks, while this heatwave abates and poor Phoebe has suddenly developed a complete terror of thunder :( She was panting really loud and fast and trembling on Saturday night and it took over three hours to calm her down. I ended up bringing her into bed with me and the poor little mite just burrowed under the covers and shook.

I was doing some research to see if there was anything on the market that would help her and I saw these thundershirts being advertised, so I said I would come to the good people of A&P in order to get their feedback/experience of them. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yep I have one and it definitely makes a difference for Bailey - I use it sometimes at the vets if he was being kept in and for halloween time or storms. The vet even commented last time he was in for xrays and didn't have the Thundershirt on that he was definitely more relaxed with it than without! They have a money back guarantee so nothing to lose in trying one.

Another tip would be to play storm sounds to her say off youtube - start with the low and gradually build up the sound. I found I had much better success when I played it out of the TV than the laptop lol! :p

Advertisement