Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Boarding South Tipp area

• 20-07-2015 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi, I'm looking for boarding for my 3 dogs while we go on hols for a week. We haven't been on hols for the last few years because of the dogs, the main issue being that one of them is a pitbull and none of the kennels I contacted in the past were willing to take him in (there are no issues with the other two dogs). We live in the clonmel area but we would be prepared to travel within a reasonable distance. Even though I'm limited in my choice of kennels because of the pitbull I still want to make sure it's a good place with a good reputation. They're 3 house dogs so are pretty spoilt! I'd be grateful for any recommendations.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

We use Ella's Kennels in Tipp Town for our two and they will be going there for a month when we head off for a while. Owners are very pleasant and were able to handle one of our dogs who is fear aggressive with kid gloves. Our two are also spoilt rotten house dogs :) they also are able to drop and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jamboat

Thanks, Tipp Town is not too far so I'll contact them. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

I know there is one out the Cashel road when you're heading for Clerihan.
    However, my dog owner friends rave about a place out near Skeenarinky (sp?).
    We always get friends to mind our mutts, the one time I tried a kennel we went to the place out towards Carrick, disaster!
    Just make sure they've had their kennel cough vaccine in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jamboat

Hi Pooch90, I've tried the kennels out near Clerihan with no joy. I haven't heard good things about the one near Carrick so I never contacted them. Thanks for the info about the on in Skeheenarinky. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 meowski

Cillduff is by far the best in the country
    I'm an ex veterinary nurse and work in animal welfare and this is where my fur babies stay
    Its family run and every care and attention is paid
    my cat didn't settle very well the first time he stayed so the owners little girls all spent all their spare time with him, making a fuss of him and getting him to settle....
    and since finding Cillduff my dogs no longer give me 'that look' when we pull up - they go running in and are so excited to see Jan and Anthony.
    Its bliss to have total piece of mind and know that my babies are not just safe and looked after they are also totally happy

if you google cillduff you will find their details

• Advertisement
Advertisement