Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Still in Place in Previous Home Despite Cancellation last April

Options
  • 20-07-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

My elderly mother has a story of nightmares getting broadband and phone line moved from her old home to new home. After 6 weeks and numerous phonecalls it was resolved in May. However, this morning she got a phonecall from her estate agent to say the owners of her old home cannot get service because eircom say the contract is still in place by my mother DESPITE being told it was cancelled last April.

My mother is afraid to ring in case eircom remove service from her new home. I wouldn't blame her. What a disaster.

How can this be resolved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

java wrote: »
    My elderly mother has a story of nightmares getting broadband and phone line moved from her old home to new home. After 6 weeks and numerous phonecalls it was resolved in May. However, this morning she got a phonecall from her estate agent to say the owners of her old home cannot get service because eircom say the contract is still in place by my mother DESPITE being told it was cancelled last April.

My mother is afraid to ring in case eircom remove service from her new home. I wouldn't blame her. What a disaster.

How can this be resolved?
    Hi java

I will be happy to resolve this for you and your mother. Please PM me the old account number at the old address and I'll look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Hi Al

Broadband at my Mums new home is disconnected today. Both modems I've tried have a red internet light. I have sent you a PM with her new account no.

Can you put this right asap please.

java wrote: »
    Hi Al

Broadband at my Mums new home is disconnected today. Both modems I've tried have a red internet light. I have sent you a PM with her new account no.

Can you put this right asap please.
    HI java

I see that you have reported this to the accounts departtment and there is a case set up for a member of management to contact you back in relation to this - case reference number 1914245

The order for broadband has been replaced.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Yes my mother lodged a complaint because she wants to understand why her broadband was disconnected without her permission on a fully paid account.

Up to 5 days to reconnect service disconnected through no fault of hers.

Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Very similar happened to me, I moved out of my house February and still was billed for it up until May/June, despite taking a second account out in my new house in March and was told the old one was cancelled.
    Apparently I now owe them €90 for the 3/4 months i wasn't even there for and was meant to be cancelled when the new account was taken out. Considering i pay the account I'm using on time, they're making a mountain out of this old account.

Always fun and games with Eircom!

And ironically I can't fault it where I am ... Very high speeds, I just wish the old account didn't read it's ugly head every so often. 

Good luck. I hope you get it sorted! 

• Advertisement

Very similar happened to me, I moved out of my house February and still was billed for it up until May/June, despite taking a second account out in my new house in March and was told the old one was cancelled.
    Apparently I now owe them €90 for the 3/4 months i wasn't even there for and was meant to be cancelled when the new account was taken out. Considering i pay the account I'm using on time, they're making a mountain out of this old account.

Always fun and games with Eircom!

And ironically I can't fault it where I am ... Very high speeds, I just wish the old account didn't read it's ugly head every so often. 

Good luck. I hope you get it sorted! 
    Hi xxxJennyxxx

You should not be expected to pay for that duration - could you please PM me your eircom account number and I'll investigate this further?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I already did, sent it to you at 1pm.

I already did, sent it to you at 1pm.
    Thank you xxxJennyxxx

I'll get back to you right away :)

Al

Advertisement