Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my alarm dialer reprogrammed

Options
  • 20-07-2015 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

please excuse if this is already covered but I have a HKC alarm and have found out that the text dialer will not work because Eircom removed this facility from landlines.

It is capable of sending voice alerts and I want to get it reprogrammed to do this. What is a reasonable fee for this job?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shop around.
    Call out prices vary a lot & can be anywhere from €50 - €150.
    The smaller companies local to you are often cheaper than the national ones.
    Here is the PSA register if you want to have a search through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

cmb. wrote: »
    please excuse if this is already covered but I have a HKC alarm and have found out that the text dialer will not work because Eircom removed this facility from landlines.

It is capable of sending voice alerts and I want to get it reprogrammed to do this. What is a reasonable fee for this job?

What system have you got installed?
    Have you engineer access to the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

don't have any engineer codes

not sure of the model of the alarm but this is what it looks like:
    alarm1.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's easily enough reprogrammed. Most engineers would be able to reprogramme that for you.

cmb. wrote: »
    don't have any engineer codes

not sure of the model of the alarm but this is what it looks like:
    alarm1.jpg

That keypad is used with the Securewave and Quantum system.
    If you have either of these installed then ask your installer to set up the dialer for voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

altor wrote: »
    That keypad is used with the Securewave and Quantum system.
    If you have either of these installed then ask your installer to set up the dialer for voice.

If its an old 812 panel it can't be reprogrammed as a voice dialler but a local installer/engineer should be able to resolve it via a few ways including using existing comms card. Something I've come across myself only recently.

ei0675 wrote: »
    If its an old 812 panel it can't be reprogrammed as a voice dialler but a local installer/engineer should be able to resolve it via a few ways including using existing comms card. Something I've come across myself only recently.

Correct, the 8/12 wont do voice but SecureText can be used.
    Another option is to add a voice dialer triggered off the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ckinane

Hi All,

Maybe someone could help me here.
    I was testing my parents HKC SW1070 Panic Button, the Alarm sounded and rang my phone which I select 0 to confirm the call.
    But the Relay on the DTV is now constant clicking on for 10 sec then off for 1 sec, holding up the phone line. I have X2 phone no: programmed in, mine & my brother.
    When I went into Engineer mode, and Disable/Enable the DTV, then I was able to make a Test Call. After Test call the relay stop clicking and RED led off. Phone line back live. But when I quit the Engineer Mode, the relay is back clicking on for 10 sec then off for 1 sec and RED Led on. So for a short term fix I now have the DTV disable as I need to have the phone line active for my elderly parents.

Could the DTV be faulty
    Or does both programmed No: need to confirm the call by pressing 0.
    And is they any way to clear the call attempts on the Panel.

Thanks
    Cathal.

How many call attempts is it set for.
    It should hang up once it gets any human verification.
    Try power the unit down and back up again.
    After that try defaulting & reprogramming the dialler.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ckinane

Thanks Koolkid.

I did reset call attempts back to 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement