Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange status

Options
  • 20-07-2015 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Hi reps...
    I see my local exchange OME1_E01, which I am directly connected to is currently blue on the map, with the following message -   Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress

What does this mean for me? I realise I am probably too far for VDSL (2km+) but is there any chance for ADSL2+ at this exchange?

Can you check my line?

/ Gerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gerryk wrote: »
    Hi reps...
    I see my local exchange OME1_E01, which I am directly connected to is currently blue on the map, with the following message -   Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress

What does this mean for me? I realise I am probably too far for VDSL (2km+) but is there any chance for ADSL2+ at this exchange?

Can you check my line?

/ Gerry
    Hi Gerry,

Unfortunately an ADSL2 upgrade will not be available to you - basically ADSL 2 is an increase of max speeds from up to 8Mb on ADSL to up to 24MB. Due to your lines distance from the exchange the maximum speeds your line can hold is up to 4Mb. The availability of ADSL2 does not have an effect on speeds in proportion to distance from the exchange.

Sorry I can't offer you better news Gerry

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Thanks Alan. I was afraid you'd say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gerryk wrote: »
    Thanks Alan. I was afraid you'd say that.
    I was hoping I could give you better news gerryk 

Sorry about that

Al

Advertisement