Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i get a sequin dress?

Options
  • 20-07-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello,
    I am desperate for a silver, black or red floor length sequin dress! I am looking for one for my debs and can only find people selling them second hand not in my size! I live near dublin city centre and dundrum but i have had no luck yet and as my debs is getting closer i was hoping for some tips or ideas of where to look.
    thanks for any responses in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Cari's Closet in Malahide have this dark red one http://www.cariscloset.ie/mayqueen-capped-sleeve-gown-burgundy/

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Tope

How would you feel about renting a dress for the night? There's a place called Starla on South William Street in Dublin who rent out designer dresses, you might find what you’re looking for.
    I’ve never actually used them myself but just browsed their website recently (starla.ie) while looking for a dress for a party. They do loads of evening gowns, debs dresses etc. Here’s a couple of long sequinned ones:

Rumba.jpg
    Starla-7366.jpg
    Starla-7456.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Love that red one

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Quiz do sequin full length dresses, and might be more budget friendly. Debenhams are stockists so you might be able to try them on to check size before ordering online if you needed a different colour.

I was at a wedding where a guest wore the gold zig-zag one and it was stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

House of Frazer worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Folkster in Temple Bar, right beside the IFI might be worth a look. I was in there for the first time yesterday and I'll be going back to buy a sequinned cape that I somehow NEED to have in my life!

That red one is unbelievable. Want.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

That red one is unbelievable. Want.

I wanna make it, its now on my pinterest wishlist. Though I'm still finding sequins around the house from the last gown I made, back in December.

Advertisement